ServerSocketMonitor

Sean Malloy-10
I found an old piece of code which utilises a class named
ServerSocketMonitor...

I can't find it referenced in the newsgroups anywhere, there is only one ref
to it on OA site, seems to have been in the original Sockets package, and
then removed? I could probably write it myself, but eyes bleeding so I'm
going to bed. Is it just [ ] fork/accept connection, pass socket back to
accept block type service?

Anyone have a filout they can post?

Thanks

Re: ServerSocketMonitor

Ian Bartholomew-19
Sean,

> I can't find it referenced in the newsgroups anywhere, there is only one
> ref to it on OA site, seems to have been in the original Sockets package,
> and then removed?

There are a few (4) references to it in the NewsgroupArchive.  It apprears
the class was in the pre-release version of the Sockets package but was
removed from the 1.0 release (early 1998).  Here's Andy's comment from the
archive ....

"2/ We have removed the ServerSocketMonitor and SocketReadStreamMonitor
classes and replaced them with a more generic BlockingCallMonitor class.
This will probably be the area where you find the greatest incompatibility
between 1.0 and the pre-release.  Please see the documentation for details
on how to use BlockingCallMonitors."

--
Ian

Use the Reply-To address to contact me.

Re: ServerSocketMonitor

Sean Malloy-10
> There are a few (4) references to it in the NewsgroupArchive.  It apprears
> the class was in the pre-release version of the Sockets package but was
> removed from the 1.0 release (early 1998).  Here's Andy's comment from the
> archive ....

Damn, didn't get a single hit searching using google groups...

Thanks!

Re: ServerSocketMonitor

Ian Bartholomew-19
Sean,

> Damn, didn't get a single hit searching using google groups...

Just FYI.  Google only goes back to when c.l.s.d was created in October 2000
(if that?).  The archive includes previous group/list posts going back to
March 1997.

http://www.idb.me.uk/news.html