Session expiry and where to set it

kuszi
Hello!

I have a running Seaside app (in Pharo). I'd like to change the session expiry.
Found an example of:

application cache expiryPolicy configuration
  at: #cacheTimeout
  put: (45 * 60 )

(I'd like to make it 45 minutes because of long uploads)

I have this class as main object.

WAComponent subclass: #GcMBFHMain
instanceVariableNames: 'sessionId uploadData userInfo validLogin statusMessage ini db mode sessionData'
classVariableNames: ''
category: 'GiscomKkt'

In this image the /seaside (configuration?) application is not present anymore (or switched off, I forgot what I did).

QUESTIONS:

  • Where do I know/get my application object being able to send to it the messages of the upper example in this email?
  • Is there a method to set expiry dinamically. For example: when rendering normal pages I set the timeout to 15 min. When upload start page is rendered, expiry is set to 45 min and following a successful upload expiry is set back to 15 min. Uploads are handled by an external app (.Net) but then the request comes back to the same Seaside session from where it was started (called out)
thanks
Robert

Re: Session expiry and where to set it

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 10:28 AM, Robert Kuszinger <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello!

I have a running Seaside app (in Pharo). I'd like to change the session expiry.
Found an example of:

application cache expiryPolicy configuration
  at: #cacheTimeout
  put: (45 * 60 )

(I'd like to make it 45 minutes because of long uploads)

I have this class as main object.

WAComponent subclass: #GcMBFHMain
instanceVariableNames: 'sessionId uploadData userInfo validLogin statusMessage ini db mode sessionData'
classVariableNames: ''
category: 'GiscomKkt'

In this image the /seaside (configuration?) application is not present anymore (or switched off, I forgot what I did).

QUESTIONS:

  • Where do I know/get my application object being able to send to it the messages of the upper example in this email?

WADispatcher default handlerAt: 'yourApp'

'yourApp' is whatever is after /   (how you have registered the app).

For example localhost:88/yourApp

  • Is there a method to set expiry dinamically. For example: when rendering normal pages I set the timeout to 15 min. When upload start page is rendered, expiry is set to 45 min and following a successful upload expiry is set back to 15 min. Uploads are handled by an external app (.Net) but then the request comes back to the same Seaside session from where it was started (called out)

I don't know.

thanks
Robert

Re: Session expiry and where to set it

Jon Paynter-2
On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 5:46 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

I faced the same problem with page expiry - some pages have a much longer workflow than the rest of my application -- hours vs 10mins.
so I setup a simple js timer to re-submit the form every so often.

you may be able to achieve the same thing with an ajax request