Set of key examples in learning OO

1 message Options

Set of key examples in learning OO

Rick Elbers
Dear fellow OO designers,

I am currently engaged in learning object orientation to people very
early in their programmers carrier. Also the level of the education is
not universitair.

What I think we can profit a lot is by a huge set of simple design
problems which are very good documented and for which more then one
solution is available. This is the more so in lower educational
levels, since those students tend to learn much more bottom up.

So, I started looking for some repository. And it turns out there is
not much. Only some attempt was made by Mary Shaw at
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/People/ModProb/

But it is in a lot of places unfinished. Also I can think of a lot
more of our "paradigmatic" keyexamples. So here is what I am asking:

Are there people who are willing to enumarate such a collection with
me, and document the standard solutions from books and other sources
into some internet-available collection ?

If you know some pointers or persons, or want to help yourself please
mail me..

Rick

ps: I have a collection of 7 examples allready, but I think there is
much more..
ps2: The goal would be a working through of examples like Alister
CockBurn did for the koffee machine..