Setting GUI pointer's position

laura
How can i programmatically set the GUI pointer's position?
I've tried
World currentHand position:20@20.
World activeHand position:20@20.
but didn't work.

Re: Setting GUI pointer's position

Matthieu
Hello,

I asked the same thing some time ago and here are the answers I got :

http://forum.world.st/Moving-the-HandMorph-td4826025.html

Maybe it will give you ideas.

As I said at the end, I did not find how to move the active hand but you can create another one and move this one.
I don't know if it will be useful for you though.

Cheers,

Matthieu

but didn't work.

Re: Setting GUI pointer's position

laura
Do you mean 1 or 2?
1) can add another hand and have two hands at the same time opened on the world, be able to move the new one
2) can add another hand and make it take the place of the existing hand and move it (so the effect would be like moving the hand)

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 11:33 AM, Matthieu Lacaton <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I asked the same thing some time ago and here are the answers I got :

http://forum.world.st/Moving-the-HandMorph-td4826025.html

Maybe it will give you ideas.

As I said at the end, I did not find how to move the active hand but you can create another one and move this one.
I don't know if it will be useful for you though.

Cheers,

Matthieu

How can i programmatically set the GUI pointer's position?
I've tried
World currentHand position:20@20.
World activeHand position:20@20.
but didn't work.

Re: Setting GUI pointer's position

Matthieu
I meant 1.
I don't know if you can hide the active hand but I don't think so :s

[...]

Ben Coman
For a deep hack, you might look at Tools>ProcessBrowser and see the
event loop of Input Event Fetcher calls a method in which you might
put a #haltOnce and trace on from there to find a suitable place to
inject the mouse position you want.

Otherwise maybe look at how EventRecorder works...
http://lists.pharo.org/pipermail/pharo-dev_lists.pharo.org/2014-January/090555.html

cheers -ben