Setting table column widths

Long Haired David
I am really lost in all of this. I know how to do this in HTML but I can't see how to do it using Seaside code. This is my code:

makePage: html

| tr |

html table: [ html tableRow: [ html tableData: [self makeGallery: html].
       html tableData: [self makeBlogReference: html]]] .

This creates two columns. The first column contains three images so the width is set by the set width of each image. The second column comprises of text scraped from the blog of the artist and the text from there is determined by what he wrote and not by me. I really need to be able to fix the width of the BlogReference column so that it matches the width of the images column.
The page can be seen here - http://www.brunswickfineart.com:8080/BFAHome
David

Message sent using Winmail Mail Server

David
Totally Objects
Doing Smalltalk since 1989

Re: Setting table column widths

Bob Arning-2

FWIW:

Seaside Walkback

MessageNotUnderstood: BrunOneGallery does not understand makeImageDictionary

Debug Proceed Full Stack

Possible Causes

  • you sent a message this type of object doesn't understand

Stack Trace

  1. thisContext
    a ContextEmulator WAHtmlCanvas(WACanvas)>>#render: arg1 = [] in WAVASTWalkback>>#renderStackOn: ...etc...
    self
    a WAVASTWalkback
  2. thisContext
    a ContextEmulator [] in WAGenericTag(WATagBrush)>>#with: arg1 = a WAHtmlCanvas
    self
    [] in WAVASTWalkback>>#renderStackOn:
  3. thisContext
    a ContextEmulator BlockContextTemplate(Block)>>#renderOn: arg1 = [] in WATagBrush>>#with:
    self
    a WAHtmlCanvas
  4. thisContext
    a ContextEmulator WAHtmlCanvas(WARenderer)>>#render: arg1 = [] in WATagBrush>>#with:
    self
    a WAHtmlCanvas
  5. thisContext
    a ContextEmulator WAHtmlCanvas(WACanvas)>>#render: arg1 = [] in WATagBrush>>#with:
    self
    a WAOrderedListTag

On 9/21/17 12:13 PM, David Pennington wrote:
[...]

Esteban A. Maringolo
The width of a table cell is deprecated in html5, you should define in
a column insidea  column group as follow:

  html table:
      [html tableColumnGroup:
          [html tableColumn width: 300.
          html tableColumn width: 100].
      html tableBody:
          [html tableRow:
              [html tableData: [html text: 'Large content'].
              html tableData: [html text: 'Small']]]].

The alternative, and suggested option is to use CSS to define the
width of the data. You could do it this way:

  html table:
      [html tableBody:
          [html tableRow:
              [(html tableData)
                style: 'width: 300px';
                with: [html text: 'Large content'].
              (html tableData)
                style: 'width: 100px';
                with: [html text: 'Small']]]]

Or could combine both and define the width by CSS in the tableColumn.

Regards,

Esteban A. Maringolo

> I am really lost in all of this. I know how to do this in HTML but I can't
> see how to do it using Seaside code. This is my code:
>
> makePage: html
>
> | tr |
>
> html table: [ html tableRow: [ html tableData: [self makeGallery: html].
>        html tableData: [self makeBlogReference: html]]] .
>
> This creates two columns. The first column contains three images so the
> width is set by the set width of each image. The second column comprises of
> text scraped from the blog of the artist and the text from there is
> determined by what he wrote and not by me. I really need to be able to fix
> the width of the BlogReference column so that it matches the width of the
> images column.
> The page can be seen here - http://www.brunswickfineart.com:8080/BFAHome
> David

Re: Setting table column widths

Long Haired David
Thank you. The first one worked fine. I now understand about tableGroups.

David