Setting window registry values

Mark Pirogovsky-3
Hello All,

Somewhere in my application I need to set Windows Registry values.

There is a a method to set a String type of values in the

Win95SystemSupport>>setVariableWithRoot: rootValue path: path key:
subkey value: value.

However this method does not work if I need to set a numeric value (the
type REG_DWORD).

Does anybody know how to set a numeric registry value ?

Trully,

--Mark

Re: Setting window registry values

Dave Stevenson-2
Check the public repository for 'Registry'.  I know it contains the
DWORD constant, and I believe the api will allow what you want.

Dave

Mark Pirogovsky wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Somewhere in my application I need to set Windows Registry values.
>
> There is a a method to set a String type of values in the
>
> Win95SystemSupport>>setVariableWithRoot: rootValue path: path key:
> subkey value: value.
>
> However this method does not work if I need to set a numeric value (the
> type REG_DWORD).
>
> Does anybody know how to set a numeric registry value ?
>
> Trully,
>
> --Mark

Re: Setting window registry values

Travis Griggs-3
On Oct 11, 2006, at 13:53, Dave Stevenson wrote:

Check the public repository for 'Registry'.  I know it contains the DWORD constant, and I believe the api will allow what you want.

Dave is right. It does a quite complete interface to the Windows Registry. It'll map many (if not all) registry types to/from Smalltalk objects. Presents a dictionary like api. And can even be used on non-windows platforms where it uses a local file to simulate.

If you use it lot, you'll start storing all kinds of stuff in the registry. You might even be tempted to store some rather complex information in there. And then... you'll hate yourself for ever creating such a mess. :)

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist