[Settings] Preferences defaultAnnotationRequests

[Settings] Preferences defaultAnnotationRequests

Lukas Renggli
How do I get the list of annotation selectors with the new settings
framework? Previously this was:

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [Settings] Preferences defaultAnnotationRequests

Marcus Denker-4

On Aug 15, 2010, at 3:54 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> How do I get the list of annotation selectors with the new settings
> framework? Previously this was:
>
>    Preferences defaultAnnotationRequests

In 1.1, this returns always #timeStamp #messageCategory #sendersCount #implementorsCount #allChangeSets

There is no way to change it. There is a method with all the choices, bit it is unsent:

annotationInfo
        "Answer a list of pairs characterizing all the available kinds of annotations; in each pair, the first element is a symbol representing the info type, and the second element is a string providing the corresponding balloon help"

        ^ #(

                (timeStamp 'The time stamp of the last submission of the method.')
                (firstComment 'The first comment in the method, if any.')
                (masterComment 'The comment at the beginning of the supermost implementor of the method if any.')
                (documentation 'Comment at beginning of the method or, if it has none, comment at the beginning of a superclass''s implementation of the method')
                (messageCategory 'Which method category the method lies in')
                (sendersCount 'A report of how many senders there of the message.')
                (implementorsCount 'A report of how many implementors there are of the message.')
                (recentChangeSet 'The most recent change set bearing the method.')
                (allChangeSets 'A list of all change sets bearing the method.')
                (priorVersionsCount 'A report of how many previous versions there are of the method' )
                (priorTimeStamp 'The time stamp of the penultimate submission of the method, if any'))

This is all not used in Core.... so maybe the best would be to add this as a Setting to OB.

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [Settings] Preferences defaultAnnotationRequests

Lukas Renggli
Ahh, I found it. It is actually in CodeHolder
class>>#annotationRequests. I was confused because all other
preferences are forwarded to something but not this one.

Lukas

On 15 August 2010 16:23, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Aug 15, 2010, at 3:54 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>
>> How do I get the list of annotation selectors with the new settings
>> framework? Previously this was:
>>
>>    Preferences defaultAnnotationRequests
>

> In 1.1, this returns always #timeStamp #messageCategory #sendersCount #implementorsCount #allChangeSets
>
> There is no way to change it. There is a method with all the choices, bit it is unsent:
>
> annotationInfo
>        "Answer a list of pairs characterizing all the available kinds of annotations; in each pair, the first element is a symbol representing the info type, and the second element is a string providing the corresponding balloon help"
>
>        ^ #(
>
>                (timeStamp                      'The time stamp of the last submission of the method.')
>                (firstComment           'The first comment in the method, if any.')
>                (masterComment          'The comment at the beginning of the supermost implementor of the method if any.')
>                (documentation          'Comment at beginning of the method or, if it has none, comment at the beginning of a superclass''s implementation of the method')
>                (messageCategory        'Which method category the method lies in')
>                (sendersCount           'A report of how many senders there of the message.')
>                (implementorsCount      'A report of how many implementors there are of the message.')
>                (recentChangeSet        'The most recent change set bearing the method.')
>                (allChangeSets          'A list of all change sets bearing the method.')
>                (priorVersionsCount     'A report of how many previous versions there are of the method' )
>                (priorTimeStamp         'The time stamp of the penultimate submission of the method, if any'))
>

> This is all not used in Core.... so maybe the best would be to add this as a Setting to OB.
>
>        Marcus
>
> --
> Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [Settings] Preferences defaultAnnotationRequests

Stéphane Ducasse

On Aug 15, 2010, at 4:38 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> Ahh, I found it. It is actually in CodeHolder
> class>>#annotationRequests. I was confused because all other
> preferences are forwarded to something but not this one.

by design :)