Setup package fixes

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
I sent some fixes to the package owner, but also posted a link to the mcz file here, in case anyone wants it.

* Fix - Setup>>installDevelopment - changed from Installer (which is not pre-installed in Pharo 1.0) to Gopher.
* Fix - Setup>>installSpecificUser  - Changed "Author initials" (depreciated in Pharo 1.0) to "author fullName".
        - changed all author initials to full names, except jre because I didn't know what it stood for.

I tested it against Pharo-Core 1.0 & PharoCore-1.1-11312-UNSTABLE.  I tried to port it to Squeak 4.1, but got various errors, so I backed out the changes.  But if you are interested, I can send them to you.

Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Setup package fixes

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Sun, 18 Apr 2010, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> I sent some fixes to the package owner, but also posted a link to the mcz
> file  http://seandenigris.com/files/Setup-SeanDeNigris.47.mcz here , in case
> anyone wants it.

Why did't you upload it to the squeaksource repository directly?
(http://squeaksource.com/setup.html )

> * Fix - Setup>>installDevelopment - changed from Installer (which is not
> pre-installed in Pharo 1.0) to Gopher.
> * Fix - Setup>>installSpecificUser  - Changed "Author initials" (depreciated
> in Pharo 1.0) to "author fullName".
> - changed all author initials to full names, except jre because I didn't
> know what it stood for.

Probably Jorge Ressia.

Levente

> I tested it against Pharo-Core 1.0 & PharoCore-1.1-11312-UNSTABLE.  I tried
> to port it to Squeak 4.1, but got various errors, so I backed out the
> changes.  But if you are interested, I can send them to you.
>
> Sean

Re: Setup package fixes

Tudor Girba
Indeed, please commit it directly in the Setup project.

Cheers,
Doru

On 19 Apr 2010, at 03:54, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Apr 2010, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:
>

>> I sent some fixes to the package owner, but also posted a link to
>> the mcz
>> file  http://seandenigris.com/files/Setup-SeanDeNigris.47.mcz
>> here , in case
>> anyone wants it.
>
> Why did't you upload it to the squeaksource repository directly? (http://squeaksource.com/setup.html
>  )
>

>> * Fix - Setup>>installDevelopment - changed from Installer (which
>> is not
>> pre-installed in Pharo 1.0) to Gopher.
>> * Fix - Setup>>installSpecificUser  - Changed "Author
>> initials" (depreciated
>> in Pharo 1.0) to "author fullName".
>> - changed all author initials to full names, except jre because I
>> didn't
>> know what it stood for.
>
> Probably Jorge Ressia.
>

> Levente
>

>> I tested it against Pharo-Core 1.0 & PharoCore-1.1-11312-UNSTABLE.
>> I tried
>> to port it to Squeak 4.1, but got various errors, so I backed out the
>> changes.  But if you are interested, I can send them to you.
>>
>> Sean
>> --

www.tudorgirba.com

"Obvious things are difficult to teach."

Re: Setup package fixes

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Tudor Girba wrote
Indeed, please commit it directly in the Setup project.
Done.  I didn't know the etiquette of posting to someone else's repository!  It even sounds wrong ;-)

Sean
Cheers,
Sean