Several instances of my application

Thelliez
Just by curiosity, I ran a 'MyApp allInstances' (MyApp being the WAComponent represention my application) and found 22 instances in my development VM.  Is that expected? When are all instances disposed of?

Thanks,
Thierry

Re: Several instances of my application

Dale Henrichs
On 04/14/2011 10:07 AM, Thierry Thelliez wrote:
> Just by curiosity, I ran a 'MyApp allInstances' (MyApp being the
> WAComponent represention my application) and found 22 instances in my
> development VM.  Is that expected? When are all instances disposed of?
>

> Thanks,
> Thierry

Thierry,

With a Seaside application in GLASS, you need to run the maintenance vm
regularly ... the maintenance vm, cleans up the expired sessions and
runs an mfc to collect the garbage ... by default the maintenance vm
runs the mfc once an hour, but you cna change the frequency ...

For Seaside 3.0 check out the class WAGemStoneMaintenanceTask for details.

Dale

Re: Several instances of my application

Thelliez
oops,  I found that startMaintenance30 was not started.   I am now down to 2 application instances.

Thanks,
Thierry