Shell script for pharo on ubuntu 10.10 beta

Shell script for pharo on ubuntu 10.10 beta

mozillanerd
1. by default shell scripts are not executable in ubuntu 10.10
2. the executable bit must be set before the context menu offers 'Open' and
executed the script.
3. once the script is set as executable, the script starts, but squeak does not
start (part of Pharo.sh)
4. Pharo.sh works fine on ubuntu 9.04 - does not require the executable bit in
the script file.

Re: Shell script for pharo on ubuntu 10.10 beta

mozillanerd
Note that files with '#!/bin/xx' (xx is command for shell), so not need to have
the executable bit.
I am posting this in this forum as I am sure that folks are trying to install
Pharo one-click on ubuntu 10.10 (RC is latests).

Re: Shell script for pharo on ubuntu 10.10 beta

mozillanerd
For the most recent Pharo one-click, the script does not execute from withing
the context menu for Pharo.sh; it fails in the `exec` of the squeakvm.

When I use `./Pharo.sh` the IDE just starts OK

Re: Shell script for pharo on ubuntu 10.10 beta

mozillanerd
Ubuntu 10.10 RC executes the pharo.sh script correctly from `./pharo.sh` or the
'Open' conteext menu.