[ShoreComponents] A batched list more like a table component

[ShoreComponents] A batched list more like a table component

Sebastian Sastre-2
Hi there,

    I wish to share this idea, of making a perhaps very reusable component for ShoreComponents-3, in wich we could have a batched list (could be the live batched list) in wich, in the body of it, we have a (live)table. We can have the < and > arrows to navigate through the pages of items. I also think that the headers of the live table are better than the sorters of the actual batched list. But the filter could be optionally used in this component.

    We also can add some facilities to add a context menu for the items. So right clicking the rows can offer actions to make.

    Dont you think that a component like this could let the web apps to be humblely a little more like desktop apps?

    We can try to make something like this. It's ok to freely publish it in the squeaksource repository?

    cheers,

Sebastian

Re: [ShoreComponents] A batched list more like a table component

Pavel Krivanek-2
Hi Sebastian,

On 2/12/07, Sebastian Sastre <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
>     I wish to share this idea, of making a perhaps very reusable component
> for ShoreComponents-3, in wich we could have a batched list (could be the
> live batched list) in wich, in the body of it, we have a (live)table. We can
> have the < and > arrows to navigate through the pages of items. I also think
> that the headers of the live table are better than the sorters of the actual
> batched list. But the filter could be optionally used in this component.
>
>     We also can add some facilities to add a context menu for the items. So
> right clicking the rows can offer actions to make.
>
>     Dont you think that a component like this could let the web apps to be
> humblely a little more like desktop apps?
>
>     We can try to make something like this. It's ok to freely publish it in
> the squeaksource repository?

Yes, the repository is public and you may publish your enhancements.
It would be great!

-- Pavel