Shortcuts for navigation history in Pharo5

Shortcuts for navigation history in Pharo5

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Hi Guys,
On Pharo4 there was 2 shortcuts to go through navigation history: Cmd+[ and Cmd+]
Is there something similar in Pharo5? I can't find it.

TIA
Davide

Re: Shortcuts for navigation history in Pharo5

Davide Varvello
Nobody?
Davide

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list wrote
TIADavide

Re: Shortcuts for navigation history in Pharo5

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Nobody?
Davide

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list wrote
> Hi Guys,On Pharo4 there was 2 shortcuts to go through navigation history:
> Cmd+[ and Cmd+]Is there something similar in Pharo5? I can't find it.
> TIADavide

Re: Shortcuts for navigation history in Pharo5

Nicolai Hess-3-2

Maybe this shortcuts don't work (for example, on windows with german keyboard layout, you can not type [ + ctrl or alt)

You can change them back in
NautilusUI class >> buildHistoryShortcutsOn:

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list wrote
> Hi Guys,On Pharo4 there was 2 shortcuts to go through navigation history:
> Cmd+[ and Cmd+]Is there something similar in Pharo5? I can't find it.
> TIADavide

Re: Shortcuts for navigation history in Pharo5

Davide Varvello
Thanks Nicolai, it works. On mac is Cmd+Shift+[ or Cmd+Shift+]

I don't know why it is not included in the "Shortcuts description" or in the "Keymap Browser"

Cheers
Davide

Nicolai Hess-3-2 wrote

> [...]

stepharo
Hi Davide

add them to the description and send us a fix.

Re: Shortcuts for navigation history in Pharo5

Davide Varvello
Hi Stef,

I was wrong, the descriptions exist in the Keymap Browser, but their shortcut name are "next" and "previous".
A better name is #goBackInTheNavigationHistory and #goForwardInTheNavigationHistory

so the selector could be
NautilusUI class>>buildHistoryShortcutsOn: aBuilder
        <keymap>

        (aBuilder shortcut: #goBackInTheNavigationHistory)
                category: #NautilusGlobalShortcuts
                default: $[ meta shift
                do: [:target| target previous ]

        (aBuilder shortcut: #goForwardInTheNavigationHistory)
                category: #NautilusGlobalShortcuts
                default: $] meta shift
                do: [:target| target next ]

Davide

stepharo wrote
Hi Davide

add them to the description and send us a fix.

Re: Shortcuts for navigation history in Pharo5

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Hi Stef,

I was wrong, the descriptions exist in the Keymap Browser, but their
shortcut name are "next" and "previous".
A better name is #goBackInTheNavigationHistory and
#goForwardInTheNavigationHistory

so the selector could be
NautilusUI class>>buildHistoryShortcutsOn: aBuilder
        <keymap>

        (aBuilder shortcut: #goBackInTheNavigationHistory)
                category: #NautilusGlobalShortcuts
                default: $[ meta shift
                do: [:target| target previous ]

        (aBuilder shortcut: #goForwardInTheNavigationHistory)
                category: #NautilusGlobalShortcuts
                default: $] meta shift
                do: [:target| target next ]

Davide

stepharo wrote
> Hi Davide
>
> add them to the description and send us a fix.
>
> Stef

Re: Shortcuts for navigation history in Pharo5

Ben Coman
Thanks Davide.  If its not too much trouble and you'd like to learn a
bit more about the contribution process, could you submit your fix
following the instructions at [1]. Create two issues, one with
Milestone=Pharo5, and a subcase with Milestone=Pharo6.  Policy is for
fixes to be integrated to Pharo 6 first, then back ported to Pharo5.

[1] http://pharo.org/contribute-propose-fix

cheers -ben

P.S.  @admins, should [1] be updated from Pharo50Inbox to Pharo60Inbox ?

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 4:15 PM, Davide Varvello via Pharo-users

> [...]

Hi ben

It is better to copy the fix in both repositories.

Stef