Shorter URLs on seasidehosting.st

Dennis Schetinin
Trying to set up a site at chaetal.seasidehosting.st and provide
"shorter" URLs (like http://chaetal.seasidehosting.st/about instead of
http://chaetal.seasidehosting.st/pier/about) there I've encountered a
problem. All the tutorials, manuals, FAQs I found say something like
"select your preferred application as default entry point and set the
base-path of your application to "/". I do that but Seaside says (for
example) "/seaside/about/ not found" when I click "About". I don't
remember how we solved this in earlier versions of Seaside and Pier.
And I'm not sure about who is actually responsible for this: Pier,
Seaside or hosting… But I don't see any opportunities at
seasidehosting to do what I want at web-server level. So, how can I do
that with Seaside or/and Pier?

TIA
--
Dennis Schetinin

Re: Shorter URLs on seasidehosting.st

Nick
Hi Dennis,

I've written a blog article about various options for removing the application name from the URL:

I haven't tried this on seasidehosting.st but I think the ideas should work.

Hope this helps

Nick