Should ListModel<<updateAtIndex: be deprecated in favor of refreshAtIndex: ?

Should ListModel<<updateAtIndex: be deprecated in favor of refreshAtIndex: ?

Christopher J. Demers
I notice that ListModel<<updateItem: and updateItem:ifAbsent: have been
deprecated and replace with refresh: and refresh:ifAbsent: .  Should
ListModel<<updateAtIndex: be depreciated in favor of refreshAtIndex: (there
is no such method currently ).  The current situation seems inconsistent to
me.  I wonder if this is intentional or an oversight?

Chris

Re: Should ListModel<<updateAtIndex: be deprecated in favor of refreshAtIndex: ?

Chris Uppal-3
Christopher J. Demers wrote:
> I notice that ListModel<<updateItem: and updateItem:ifAbsent: have been
> deprecated and replace with refresh: and refresh:ifAbsent: .  Should
> ListModel<<updateAtIndex: be depreciated in favor of refreshAtIndex:
> (there is no such method currently ).  The current situation seems
> inconsistent to me.  I wonder if this is intentional or an oversight?

I've been hoping for a response from OA to this.

The change seerms unecessary to me -- the new name is no more appropriate than
the old.   Also, if ListModel>>updateItem:[ifAbsent:] is deprecated in favour
of #refresh:[ifAbsent:] why are there not similar changes to MoenTree and
TreeView (and, perhaps, StatusBar too -- although that is private) ?

Please change it back (my preferred choice) or make it consistant.

    -- chris