Should epicea help me recover changes in a system crash?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Should epicea help me recover changes in a system crash?

Tim Mackinnon
Hi - I’ve got mixed experiences with epicea - having had a few image seg faults recently its presented some of my changes and let me recover them.

However just now, I had been working for an hour and my whole laptop went black (and then had the apple logo). I took the opportunity to apply the latest HighSierra updates (it has been a while) - but when I relaunched my image - epicea detected missing code however what it shows me is nothing like the changes I had recently made - it just showed me a merge change?

Is it possible that if I’m on the wrong branch - it won’t show me changes I made recently?

I find I’m kind of missing the old changes text file (which we say we are getting rid of) as at least it let me see an historic account of what I had done - as now things are a bit all of over the place (do-its you have to find in the playground history) and epicea is supposed to show the rest - execpt it doesn’t appear to do so?

Tim
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Should epicea help me recover changes in a system crash?

ducasse
Hi tim

this is strange. Normally epicea logs all the changes. In the past I got missing classes.
Epicea is git ignorant. So I do not see how it could interact.
I would love to see your bug solved. Could you keep your image and may be martin
has some time to have a look (he got flying back to chile).

Stef

> On 18 Feb 2019, at 18:13, Tim Mackinnon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi - I’ve got mixed experiences with epicea - having had a few image seg faults recently its presented some of my changes and let me recover them.
>
> However just now, I had been working for an hour and my whole laptop went black (and then had the apple logo). I took the opportunity to apply the latest HighSierra updates (it has been a while) - but when I relaunched my image - epicea detected missing code however what it shows me is nothing like the changes I had recently made - it just showed me a merge change?
>
> Is it possible that if I’m on the wrong branch - it won’t show me changes I made recently?
>
> I find I’m kind of missing the old changes text file (which we say we are getting rid of) as at least it let me see an historic account of what I had done - as now things are a bit all of over the place (do-its you have to find in the playground history) and epicea is supposed to show the rest - execpt it doesn’t appear to do so?
>
> Tim

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Should epicea help me recover changes in a system crash?

Tim Mackinnon
Ok - if its supposed to work in this situation, I will zip up that image and put it somewhere to try and figure out what happened.

> On 18 Feb 2019, at 17:54, ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi tim
>
> this is strange. Normally epicea logs all the changes. In the past I got missing classes.
> Epicea is git ignorant. So I do not see how it could interact.
> I would love to see your bug solved. Could you keep your image and may be martin
> has some time to have a look (he got flying back to chile).
>
> Stef
>
>> On 18 Feb 2019, at 18:13, Tim Mackinnon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi - I’ve got mixed experiences with epicea - having had a few image seg faults recently its presented some of my changes and let me recover them.
>>
>> However just now, I had been working for an hour and my whole laptop went black (and then had the apple logo). I took the opportunity to apply the latest HighSierra updates (it has been a while) - but when I relaunched my image - epicea detected missing code however what it shows me is nothing like the changes I had recently made - it just showed me a merge change?
>>
>> Is it possible that if I’m on the wrong branch - it won’t show me changes I made recently?
>>
>> I find I’m kind of missing the old changes text file (which we say we are getting rid of) as at least it let me see an historic account of what I had done - as now things are a bit all of over the place (do-its you have to find in the playground history) and epicea is supposed to show the rest - execpt it doesn’t appear to do so?
>>
>> Tim
>
>
>