Show Implementation Periscope Plugin

Pavel Krivanek-3
Hi,

I created a plugin for Periscope that shows implementors of the
message related to the current text cursor together with
implementation source code preview. For classes and traits it shows
the definition. Warning: it is not perfect but very habit-forming ;-)

To load Periscope to recent 2.0 image, evaluate:

Gofer new
    smalltalkhubUser: 'PavelKrivanek' project: 'Periscope';
    package: 'Periscope';
    load.

Nautilus pluginClasses add: {(Smalltalk at: #NautilusPeriscopePlugin). #none}

Cheers,
-- Pavel

Re: Show Implementation Periscope Plugin

Pavel Krivanek-3
Screenshot...
-- Pavel

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 3:33 PM, Pavel Krivanek
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I created a plugin for Periscope that shows implementors of the
> message related to the current text cursor together with
> implementation source code preview. For classes and traits it shows
> the definition. Warning: it is not perfect but very habit-forming ;-)
>
> To load Periscope to recent 2.0 image, evaluate:
>
> Gofer new
>     smalltalkhubUser: 'PavelKrivanek' project: 'Periscope';
>     package: 'Periscope';
>     load.
>
> Nautilus pluginClasses add: {(Smalltalk at: #NautilusPeriscopePlugin). #none}
>
> Cheers,
> -- Pavel

ShowImplementation.png (212K) Download Attachment

Re: Show Implementation Periscope Plugin

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Pavel Krivanek-3 wrote
I created a plugin for Periscope that shows implementors of the
message related to the current text cursor together with
implementation source code preview. For classes and traits it shows
the definition.
Sounds like light table, and you didn't even need $200,000 to start ;)

Ooh, we could do a new quote... "I always knew that one day the Smalltalk browser would replace vim and emacs. I just didn't know it would be called Light Table."
Cheers,
Sean

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 3:45 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Pavel Krivanek-3 wrote
>>
>> I created a plugin for Periscope that shows implementors of the
>> message related to the current text cursor together with
>> implementation source code preview. For classes and traits it shows
>> the definition.
>
> Sounds like light table, and you didn't even need $200,000 to start ;)

As I see it would be about $1000 per line of code in the file-out format :-)

-- Pavel

> Ooh, we could do a new quote... "I always knew that one day the Smalltalk
> browser would replace vim and emacs. I just didn't know it would be called
> Light Table."

Re: Show Implementation Periscope Plugin

excellent.
So no windows plague just information :)

On Aug 21, 2012, at 3:33 PM, Pavel Krivanek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I created a plugin for Periscope that shows implementors of the
> message related to the current text cursor together with
> implementation source code preview. For classes and traits it shows
> the definition. Warning: it is not perfect but very habit-forming ;-)
>
> To load Periscope to recent 2.0 image, evaluate:
>
> Gofer new
>    smalltalkhubUser: 'PavelKrivanek' project: 'Periscope';
>    package: 'Periscope';
>    load.
>
> Nautilus pluginClasses add: {(Smalltalk at: #NautilusPeriscopePlugin). #none}
>
> Cheers,
> -- Pavel

Re: Show Implementation Periscope Plugin

Pavel Krivanek-3
I added more tools and created the iconic representation of them. Then
I created a simple plugin that shows method stamp (and opens version
browser when clickin on it). I started with Spotlight plugin but it is
not working now because of an error in Spec. When will Ben come back
from vacation?

-- Pavel

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> excellent.
> So no windows plague just information :)
>

> On Aug 21, 2012, at 3:33 PM, Pavel Krivanek wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I created a plugin for Periscope that shows implementors of the
>> message related to the current text cursor together with
>> implementation source code preview. For classes and traits it shows
>> the definition. Warning: it is not perfect but very habit-forming ;-)
>>
>> To load Periscope to recent 2.0 image, evaluate:
>>
>> Gofer new
>>    smalltalkhubUser: 'PavelKrivanek' project: 'Periscope';
>>    package: 'Periscope';
>>    load.
>>
>> Nautilus pluginClasses add: {(Smalltalk at: #NautilusPeriscopePlugin). #none}
>>
>> Cheers,
>> -- Pavel

PeriscopeScreenshot.png (229K) Download Attachment

Re: Show Implementation Periscope Plugin

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
You are teasing my curiosity :)

Which error ?

(btw are you coming at EUG this year ?)
Ben

On Aug 22, 2012, at 1:36 PM, Pavel Krivanek wrote:

> I added more tools and created the iconic representation of them. Then
> I created a simple plugin that shows method stamp (and opens version
> browser when clickin on it). I started with Spotlight plugin but it is
> not working now because of an error in Spec. When will Ben come back
> from vacation?
>
> -- Pavel
>
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Stéphane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> excellent.
>> So no windows plague just information :)
>>

>> On Aug 21, 2012, at 3:33 PM, Pavel Krivanek wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I created a plugin for Periscope that shows implementors of the
>>> message related to the current text cursor together with
>>> implementation source code preview. For classes and traits it shows
>>> the definition. Warning: it is not perfect but very habit-forming ;-)
>>>
>>> To load Periscope to recent 2.0 image, evaluate:
>>>
>>> Gofer new
>>>   smalltalkhubUser: 'PavelKrivanek' project: 'Periscope';
>>>   package: 'Periscope';
>>>   load.
>>>
>>> Nautilus pluginClasses add: {(Smalltalk at: #NautilusPeriscopePlugin). #none}
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> -- Pavel
>>>

> <PeriscopeScreenshot.png>

Re: Show Implementation Periscope Plugin

Pavel Krivanek-3
On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Benjamin
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> You are teasing my curiosity :)
>
> Which error ?

I talk about this one but there is much more things that I need to
discuss with you:

> (btw are you coming at EUG this year ?)

Unfortunately not.

-- Pavel

> Ben
>
> On Aug 22, 2012, at 1:36 PM, Pavel Krivanek wrote:
>
>> I added more tools and created the iconic representation of them. Then
>> I created a simple plugin that shows method stamp (and opens version
>> browser when clickin on it). I started with Spotlight plugin but it is
>> not working now because of an error in Spec. When will Ben come back
>> from vacation?
>>
>> -- Pavel
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Stéphane Ducasse
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> excellent.
>>> So no windows plague just information :)

>> <PeriscopeScreenshot.png>

Re: Show Implementation Periscope Plugin

It is really looking more and more exciting.

Stef

On Aug 22, 2012, at 1:36 PM, Pavel Krivanek wrote:

> I added more tools and created the iconic representation of them. Then
> I created a simple plugin that shows method stamp (and opens version
> browser when clickin on it). I started with Spotlight plugin but it is
> not working now because of an error in Spec. When will Ben come back
> from vacation?
>
> -- Pavel
>
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Stéphane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> excellent.
>> So no windows plague just information :)
>>

>> On Aug 21, 2012, at 3:33 PM, Pavel Krivanek wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I created a plugin for Periscope that shows implementors of the
>>> message related to the current text cursor together with
>>> implementation source code preview. For classes and traits it shows
>>> the definition. Warning: it is not perfect but very habit-forming ;-)
>>>
>>> To load Periscope to recent 2.0 image, evaluate:
>>>
>>> Gofer new
>>>   smalltalkhubUser: 'PavelKrivanek' project: 'Periscope';
>>>   package: 'Periscope';
>>>   load.
>>>
>>> Nautilus pluginClasses add: {(Smalltalk at: #NautilusPeriscopePlugin). #none}
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> -- Pavel
>>>

> <PeriscopeScreenshot.png>

Re: Show Implementation Periscope Plugin

Pavel Krivanek-3
On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Pavel Krivanek
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Benjamin
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> You are teasing my curiosity :)
>>
>> Which error ?
>
> I talk about this one but there is much more things that I need to
> discuss with you:

Thank you for the fix, Spotlight plugin is working now (including
Shift+Enter keyboard shortcut)

-- Pavel