Showing off what can be done in Squeak

Stéphane Rollandin
Hello list,

I have just uploaded this page on my site:
http://www.zogotounga.net/comp/squeak/squeakmusic.html

It is an informal presentation of 23 pieces of music (amounting to a
total two hours or so), all entirely composed in Squeak these last years
(actually the most recent one is from yesterday).

I don't think there are many systems allowing this kind of productivity
out there; Squeak really shines here.

So this is a promo page for my music, and for Squeak. It would be neat
if it was linked to by, say, squeak.org. Or elsewhere.

What do you think ?

Re: Showing off what can be done in Squeak

Bert Freudenberg
On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 7:43 AM, Stéphane Rollandin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello list,

I have just uploaded this page on my site:
http://www.zogotounga.net/comp/squeak/squeakmusic.html

It is an informal presentation of 23 pieces of music (amounting to a total two hours or so), all entirely composed in Squeak these last years (actually the most recent one is from yesterday).

I don't think there are many systems allowing this kind of productivity out there; Squeak really shines here.

So this is a promo page for my music, and for Squeak. It would be neat if it was linked to by, say, squeak.org. Or elsewhere.

What do you think ?

Well, muO is already linked from http://squeak.org/projects/ You could add this link by editing the 'muo.md' file at https://github.com/squeak-smalltalk/squeak.org/tree/master/_projects and send a pull request.

Or open an issue at https://github.com/squeak-smalltalk/squeak.org/issues if you don't want to do it yourself.

- Bert -

Re: Showing off what can be done in Squeak

Stéphane Rollandin
> Well, muO is already linked from http://squeak.org/projects/

Yes, I know. I have designed that new page in another, more playful,
mindset; I don't think it belongs to the project pages, in fact I do not
know what to make of it really...

So I'm just submitting the link as a proposal. If no-one uses it I will
just delete the page.

Best,

Re: Showing off what can be done in Squeak

Karl Ramberg
Cool music Stephane.
Lithorale reminds me of music by Glenn Branca

Cheers,
Karl

On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 5:49 PM, Stéphane Rollandin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Well, muO is already linked from http://squeak.org/projects/

Yes, I know. I have designed that new page in another, more playful, mindset; I don't think it belongs to the project pages, in fact I do not know what to make of it really...

So I'm just submitting the link as a proposal. If no-one uses it I will just delete the page.

Best,

Re: Showing off what can be done in Squeak

Stéphane Rollandin
> Cool music Stephane.

Thanks !

> Lithorale reminds me of music by Glenn Branca

[OT]

Hmm, if you like noise check this, which I did a long time ago (actually
with a very early version of muO) by horribly torturing more or less
carefully selected MIDI files:

http://www.zogotounga.net/TGG/interf.htm

I don't usually use those to promote my talent as a composer though :)

Stef