Shrink image

gerard alis
Hi

I start implementing a little app for shrink image for deploy purposes. I want know if exists a standard way for execute some tasks:

1- Delete World menu, and context menu when a morph is clicked with Control pressed. In fact, Delete ALL default context menus.
2- Remove halos ( changing Preferences, true? )
3- Remove development mechanism ( for example, the behavior of text editor widgets when I input a class name and pressing Control B appears the class in Explorer )
4- Change message when the close window is pressed and appears the message 'Quit Pharo without save?'
5- Override the default behavior of debugger. Perhaps show a simple message with the error.

I know search some that things, but I want know if exists the BEST way.

All conseils for that app will be welcomed.

Regards.

Re: Shrink image

Stéphane Ducasse

On Aug 4, 2010, at 12:20 PM, nullPointer wrote:

> Hi
>
> I start implementing a little app for shrink image for deploy purposes. I
> want know if exists a standard way for execute some tasks:
>
> 1- Delete World menu, and context menu when a morph is clicked with Control
> pressed. In fact, Delete ALL default context menus.

the world menu is build using settings so you can just block that

> 2- Remove halos ( changing Preferences, true? )
> 3- Remove development mechanism ( for example, the behavior of text editor
> widgets when I input a class name and pressing Control B appears the class
> in Explorer )

this is not there yet since the shortcut table is global

> 4- Change message when the close window is pressed and appears the message
> 'Quit Pharo without save?'

this should be move to the UImanager and handled there.

> 5- Override the default behavior of debugger. Perhaps show a simple message
> with the error.

have a look at the UnhandledError default action and follow it.
Now when you have an error you want to log it and andrey was working on a solution.

> I know search some that things, but I want know if exists the BEST way.

There is a UI manager and it can be specialized for some of this.
I know that andrey (I guess asked for the same questions) it would be good to share
and build a nice solution.

> All conseils for that app will be welcomed.
>
> Regards.

Re: Shrink image

Mariano Martinez Peck
For most of your answers, read the whole thread:

http://forum.world.st/Image-Lockdown-Deployment-mode-td2231647.html#a2231647

and the method #disableProgrammerFacilities

cheers

mariano