SignalR

Ben Coman
Anyone dealt with SignalR before, can comment on implications for
access from Pharo? Its originally a Microsoft layer on top of
Websockets but there also exist  Javascript and Python libraries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SignalR
https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-web-sockets-and-signalR

cheers -ben

Re: SignalR

Ben Coman
btw, I found a detailed description of SignalR implementation...
https://blog.3d-logic.com/2015/03/29/signalr-on-the-wire-an-informal-description-of-the-signalr-protocol/

cheers -ben

On 5 December 2017 at 23:36, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Anyone dealt with SignalR before, can comment on implications for
> access from Pharo? Its originally a Microsoft layer on top of
> Websockets but there also exist  Javascript and Python libraries.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SignalR
> https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-web-sockets-and-signalR
>
> cheers -ben

Re: SignalR

Hans
Hi Ben,

At the moment I experimenting  with different Shiny like techniques in different environments: python - Tornado, Pharo - Teapot and also SignalR - c#.

As far as I know, SignalR uses Websockets including a fall-back mechanism and a so called „hub“, which calls JS in the client or do some RPC like call of a c# method at the server. But I’m still learning the details for myself

It might be possible to call it from Pharo, but my (long) experience with Microsoft stuff is that they are a little bit in their own world which makes the things tricky. Although, the Microsoft today has a far more open style.

Cheers

Hans