Silly question: searching for methods

Fernando Rodríguez
Hi,

I know how to search for classes in the class browser, but I can't
find an option to search for methods. Any tips?

Thanks

Re: Silly question: searching for methods

Yar Hwee Boon-3
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:03:50 +0100, Fernando <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I know how to search for classes in the class browser, but I can't
> find an option to search for methods. Any tips?

You mean all implementors of a message? I press F12 when the focus is in
the method source pane of the CHB.

--
Regards
HweeBoon

Re: Silly question: searching for methods

Don Rylander-3
Fernando
"Fernando" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> Hi,
>
> I know how to search for classes in the class browser, but I can't
> find an option to search for methods. Any tips?

 From any (there might be some exceptions) workspace, you can use F12 to
search for definitions of a method selector, and Shift-F12 to search for
references.  Both of those keys preload the dialog with any text you have
selected in the workspace, or, if nothing's selected, with the first word
from the text contents of the clipboard.

If you're in the CHB, you can also use Method menu's Browse/Containing Text
to find methods containing some arbitrary string in its body.

Also in the CHB, if you have a particular method selected in the class
browser, right clicking on the method gives you to see options to search for
definitions of or references to that method or any selectors it contains.
You can also choose whether the search scope is  global or local (within the
hierarchy of the current class).

HTH,

Don

> Thanks

Re: Silly question: searching for methods

Janos Kazsoki
Fernando,

I prefer to use  Browse, Definitions Of..., References To.... and
especially the Containing Text... in the Dolphin main Window.
Regards,
Janos