Silly tweet

12

Re: Silly Tweet

Dave Mason-3
It has been suggested that package maintainers should run their own CI
server to track changes of their package on older images.  That seems
eminently reasonable.

What would be hugely helpful for that would be a script or tar-file
downloadable from the Pharo CI server for each image version
(historical and current) that one (such as me) could download and get
running with minimal information about the arcane knowledge required
for configuring Hudson/Jenkins.  Then I could easily track my
package's compatibility with legacy images and decide when I am
willing to break with e.g. 1.1 compatibility for my package.

I know this would take a chunk of time for somebody, but I suggest it
would be time well spent because it lets the main CI server
concentrate on the current version, but supports package maintainers
moving forward with their packages.

../Dave

Re: Silly Tweet

Now what is a set up that can help you?
We could keep 1.0, 1.2, images around without building them systematically.
and their dependent projects could still be updated and run from the server.

Stef

12