Simple XMLRPC server with Seaside

Robert Schwarz-2
Hello all,
I am planning to implement a simple XMLRPC server for my Seaside
application. Is it sensible to implement a XMLRPC server with Seaside
(e.g. WAResponse)?
Robert

Re: Simple XMLRPC server with Seaside

Philippe Marschall
2009/3/25 Robert Schwarz <[hidden email]>:
> Hello all,
> I am planning to implement a simple XMLRPC server for my Seaside
> application. Is it sensible to implement a XMLRPC server with Seaside (e.g.
> WAResponse)?

Sure, just build it as a WARequestHandler/WAEntryPoint and not a WAComponent.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: Simple XMLRPC server with Seaside

Robert Schwarz-2
Hello Philippe !
Thanks great. Please can you give me some hints or an example how can
I do that?
Robert

Am 25.03.2009 um 18:06 schrieb Philippe Marschall:

> 2009/3/25 Robert Schwarz <[hidden email]>:
>> Hello all,
>> I am planning to implement a simple XMLRPC server for my Seaside
>> application. Is it sensible to implement a XMLRPC server with
>> Seaside (e.g.
>> WAResponse)?
>
> Sure, just build it as a WARequestHandler/WAEntryPoint and not a
> WAComponent.
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Re: Simple XMLRPC server with Seaside

Karsten Kusche
Hi Robert,

just subclass WARequestHandler and implement the subclass
responsibilities (i think there're also some on class-side).
You can then register it with the default WADispatcher with something
like: WADispatcher default register: (XmlRpcServer named:'xml-rpc')

then you can use the url: myServer:myPort/seaside/xml-rpc as your
xml-rpc interface.

I think the interesting method to implement are #handleRequest:
aRequest. there you get the request, process it and return a WAResponse.

Kind Regards
Karsten

Robert Schwarz wrote:

> Hello Philippe !
> Thanks great. Please can you give me some hints or an example how can
> I do that?
> Robert
>
> Am 25.03.2009 um 18:06 schrieb Philippe Marschall:
>
>> 2009/3/25 Robert Schwarz <[hidden email]>:
>>> Hello all,
>>> I am planning to implement a simple XMLRPC server for my Seaside
>>> application. Is it sensible to implement a XMLRPC server with
>>> Seaside (e.g.
>>> WAResponse)?
>>
>> Sure, just build it as a WARequestHandler/WAEntryPoint and not a
>> WAComponent.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Philippe

Karsten Kusche - Dipl.Inf. - [hidden email]
Tel: +49 3496 21 43 29
Georg Heeg eK - Köthen
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Dortmund A 12812

Re: Simple XMLRPC server with Seaside

Philippe Marschall
2009/3/25 Robert Schwarz <[hidden email]>:
> Hello Philippe !
> Thanks great. Please can you give me some hints or an example how can I do
> that?

The RRRssHandler from the RSS package is an example you can do this.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: Simple XMLRPC server with Seaside

Robert Schwarz-2