Simply Happy

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Simply Happy

Stephane Ducasse-3
Hi pharoing people

Just a little word to tell you that I'm super happy about the future of Pharo.
The consortium is growing and will probably be able to pay esteban and clement.
The roadmap for Pharo 70 is really exciting.
The bootstrap, git and the new project in the pipe will boost us.
So I wanted to thanks you all for all this super great energy.

We (you and us) are building a super cool future.

Stef

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Simply Happy

Tudor Girba-2
+100

Doru


> On Jul 6, 2017, at 10:57 AM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi pharoing people
>
> Just a little word to tell you that I'm super happy about the future of Pharo.
> The consortium is growing and will probably be able to pay esteban and clement.
> The roadmap for Pharo 70 is really exciting.
> The bootstrap, git and the new project in the pipe will boost us.
> So I wanted to thanks you all for all this super great energy.
>
> We (you and us) are building a super cool future.
>
> Stef
>

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Every successful trip needs a suitable vehicle."






Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Simply Happy

SergeStinckwich
In reply to this post by Stephane Ducasse-3
Thank you !
I'm trying to push Pharo in Cameroon now.

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 9:57 AM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi pharoing people

Just a little word to tell you that I'm super happy about the future of Pharo.
The consortium is growing and will probably be able to pay esteban and clement.
The roadmap for Pharo 70 is really exciting.
The bootstrap, git and the new project in the pipe will boost us.
So I wanted to thanks you all for all this super great energy.

We (you and us) are building a super cool future.

Stef




--
Serge Stinckwich
UCN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Simply Happy

NorbertHartl
In reply to this post by Stephane Ducasse-3
Yeah, it is truly great! I think we've crossed a border. In the past a lot of our legacy was compensating the awesomeness. In the meantime I have the feeling that the awesomeness sticks out much more clear.

Thank you all for making this community!

Norbet

> Am 06.07.2017 um 10:57 schrieb Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi pharoing people
>
> Just a little word to tell you that I'm super happy about the future of Pharo.
> The consortium is growing and will probably be able to pay esteban and clement.
> The roadmap for Pharo 70 is really exciting.
> The bootstrap, git and the new project in the pipe will boost us.
> So I wanted to thanks you all for all this super great energy.
>
> We (you and us) are building a super cool future.
>
> Stef

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Simply Happy

philippeback
In reply to this post by Stephane Ducasse-3
Definitely.

Glad to be aboard the flying bus.

Phil

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 10:57 AM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi pharoing people

Just a little word to tell you that I'm super happy about the future of Pharo.
The consortium is growing and will probably be able to pay esteban and clement.
The roadmap for Pharo 70 is really exciting.
The bootstrap, git and the new project in the pipe will boost us.
So I wanted to thanks you all for all this super great energy.

We (you and us) are building a super cool future.

Stef


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Simply Happy

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
In reply to this post by Tudor Girba-2
+42

> On 6 Jul 2017, at 10:58, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +100
>
> Doru
>
>
>> On Jul 6, 2017, at 10:57 AM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi pharoing people
>>
>> Just a little word to tell you that I'm super happy about the future of Pharo.
>> The consortium is growing and will probably be able to pay esteban and clement.
>> The roadmap for Pharo 70 is really exciting.
>> The bootstrap, git and the new project in the pipe will boost us.
>> So I wanted to thanks you all for all this super great energy.
>>
>> We (you and us) are building a super cool future.
>>
>> Stef
>>
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "Every successful trip needs a suitable vehicle."
>
>
>
>
>
>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Simply Happy

kilon.alios
Pharo is finally in a mature state. I would not recommend Pharo few years back because of severe lack of documentation and libraries and several other issues.I would definetly recommend it now to people who want to try something fresh and well designed. Documentation is in much better state, new libraries pop up like mushroom old ones have matured to very stable , reliable and flexible. 

I dont have hopes that Pharo will be in the top 10 of popular languages but entering the top 100 is definetly not far away if we are not already there. 99.9% of programming languages never ever come close to that. 

On the other hand I dont want Pharo to become too popular because popularity comes usually with the price of huge compromises.  So we are definetly close to what I call "the sweet spot". 

Glad to be part of the family, keep the great work going and well done :)



On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 12:22 PM Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
+42

> On 6 Jul 2017, at 10:58, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +100
>
> Doru
>
>
>> On Jul 6, 2017, at 10:57 AM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi pharoing people
>>
>> Just a little word to tell you that I'm super happy about the future of Pharo.
>> The consortium is growing and will probably be able to pay esteban and clement.
>> The roadmap for Pharo 70 is really exciting.
>> The bootstrap, git and the new project in the pipe will boost us.
>> So I wanted to thanks you all for all this super great energy.
>>
>> We (you and us) are building a super cool future.
>>
>> Stef
>>
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "Every successful trip needs a suitable vehicle."
>
>
>
>
>
>


Loading...