Simulated Annealing

cdelaunay
Hello,

Last year I ported some packages about 'Simulated Annealing' from VisualWorks.
I am not sure what this is about and what does 'Simaulated Annealing' mean exactly, But I recently remembered that I had it in my repository with all tests green at least :)
So in case it can be usefull or it can interest somoene. I just put  them in a new repository:

Re: Simulated Annealing

Guillermo Schwarz
Simulated annealing (SA) is a generic probabilistic metaheuristic for the global optimization problem of applied mathematics, namely locating a good approximation to the global optimum of a given function in a large search space. It is often used when the search space is discrete (e.g., all tours that visit a given set of cities). For certain problems, simulated annealing may be more effective than exhaustive enumeration — provided that the goal is merely to find an acceptably good solution in a fixed amount of time, rather than the best possible solution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulated_annealing

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 11:08 AM, Cyrille Delaunay <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

Last year I ported some packages about 'Simulated Annealing' from VisualWorks.
I am not sure what this is about and what does 'Simaulated Annealing' mean exactly, But I recently remembered that I had it in my repository with all tests green at least :)
So in case it can be usefull or it can interest somoene. I just put  them in a new repository:

Saludos cordiales,

Guillermo Schwarz
Sun Certified Enterprise Architect

Re: Simulated Annealing

abergel
Cool! I haven't used SimulatedAnnealing, but having it in a separate package is important.
It depends on FAMIX and this is a pity.

I added a configuration. It is now at Version 1.0
All the tests are indeed green.

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu