SingleThread or Multithread Zinc server using ?

SingleThread or Multithread Zinc server using ?

GLASS mailing list

Any hints why should one would like to use the single thread answering zinc server instead og the multi threading server.

Marten

Re: SingleThread or Multithread Zinc server using ?

Paul DeBruicker
Debugging Zinc internals is easier.  I'm not sure about other reasons.

If you want more speed the FastCGI adapter is faster and I think the AJP adapter (http://www.squeaksource.com/ajp.html) is as well but haven't tested it.

I understand you're tied to Zinc-REST but maybe its worth adding REST capabilities to one of those.

GLASS mailing list wrote
<!DOCTYPE html>

Any hints why should one would like to use the single thread answering zinc server instead og the multi threading server. Marten

Re: SingleThread or Multithread Zinc server using ?

GLASS mailing list
When using Gemstone, you will rather use multiple gems to achieve parallel request processing instead of green threads.
In addition, each request is processed as a transaction, which means it’s impossible to process two requests at the same time in a single gem.

cheers
Johan