Sioux-Appex

Maarten Mostert-2
Hi,
When I declare both Appex responders and SOAP responders, I can no longer import my servers.
I declared a web service that sends a Collection with Integers, but now I tries to load a strange override in a Windows class even in OS X.
Also Appex-Tools when declared as prerequisite needs to be loaded manually ?
Is there a Simple way to install a password screen in front of the Monitor Application in a similar way the Image Quitter does ?

For the rest its all great work, I just managed to get enduser error.logs directly listed within my zendesk ticket system really cool.

Regards,

@+Maarten,

Re: Sioux-Appex

Jerry Kott
Hi Maarten,

The information you provided doesn’t give me any clue why you should have any problems with using AppeX and SOAP responders at the some time.

AppeX-Tools need to be loaded separately from the rest of the AppeX framework. They are tightly integrated into the IDE, and as such require the GUI to be present. The AppeX itself may run in a headless image without the GUI. If you make them a prereq for the package/parcel with your application, they should get loaded automatically when you load your package.

You can add a BasicAuthenticationFilter to the monitor, either programmatically, or from the Web Servers tool (accessible from the Launcher tool bar). In the Web Server tool, click ‘Request FIlters’, then ‘Add…’. You may want to write your own authentication filter configuration - see BasicAuthenticationFilter >> #testConfiguration method in the SiouX-Examples package. The example uses hard-coded values, but you should be able to provide your own that are derived from the OS or some other source.

Also, you are not limited to the predefined ServerMonitor server running on port 8001. You can declare your own (e.g., Server class >> maartensMonitor). Then, in the configuration method for the Server (e.g., ServerMonitor class >> configureMyResponder:server:, add request filters to the responder as required. I’d suggest browsing the class methods in ‘configuration’ protocol of both the SiouX.Server and AppeX.ServerMonitor and references to BasicAuthenticationFiler, for reference and inspiration.

Hope this helps.

Jerry Kott
Smalltalk Development, Cincom Systems
PGP fingerprint: 07D0987E142BE7D39A3F99D71DAF1CF392A9236F

On 16-04-2015, at 1:20 PM, Maarten Mostert <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,
When I declare both Appex responders and SOAP responders, I can no longer import my servers.
I declared a web service that sends a Collection with Integers, but now I tries to load a strange override in a Windows class even in OS X.
Also Appex-Tools when declared as prerequisite needs to be loaded manually ?
Is there a Simple way to install a password screen in front of the Monitor Application in a similar way the Image Quitter does ?

For the rest its all great work, I just managed to get enduser error.logs directly listed within my zendesk ticket system really cool.

Regards,

@+Maarten,

Re: Sioux-Appex

Maarten Mostert-2
Hi Jerry.

Thanks for your reply

Le 16 avr. 2015 à 22:54, Jerry Kott <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi Maarten,

The information you provided doesn’t give me any clue why you should have any problems with using AppeX and SOAP responders at the some time.

They work fine together, only thing I found curious is that if I load a configuration including both like in the enclosed one I get an UHE.

If I load the SOAP ones with code they work fine.

[...]

Thanks for the hint.

[...]

serverConfigAll.st (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Sioux-Appex

Kogan, Tamara

Le 16 avr. 2015 à 22:54, Jerry Kott <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi Maarten,

The information you provided doesn’t give me any clue why you should have any problems with using AppeX and SOAP responders at the some time.

They work fine together, only thing I found curious is that if I load a configuration including both like in the enclosed one I get an UHE.

If I load the SOAP ones with code they work fine.

[>] I just tested a clean image and there is no UHE loading AppeX and SOAP-Server parcels.. You need to provide more details. What is VW version and what parcels are loaded?

Tamara