Sista & Pharo 7

Ben Coman
Is Sista operational in the latest Pharo 7 builds?

What is the plan for Sista in relation to Pharo 7?

cheers -ben

Re: Sista & Pharo 7

Clément Béra
Latest release is on Pharo 6 (https://clementbera.wordpress.com/2017/07/19/sista-open-alpha-release/)
That's the release where the published benchmarks happened and where multiple developers got involved.

No plan to release on Pharo 7 alpha. Ask again once Pharo 7 is released.

Repository is in migration though, I migrated to github earlier this year, but with recent changes & new organization, I think the repository will be merged with open-smalltalk-vm repository. Documentation will be merged too, so it's going to be easier to build images and matching VMs or move code from VM-side to image-side or the other way around.

I think questions related to Sista should be on vm-dev since there are only alpha releases (i.e. no interest for non VM developers).

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 5:28 AM, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is Sista operational in the latest Pharo 7 builds?

What is the plan for Sista in relation to Pharo 7?

cheers -ben

Re: Sista & Pharo 7

EstebanLM
yes, Sista will not be in P7 sadly.
we postponed almost all VM relative stuff because of complications to get it ready (64bit windows is still there).

cheers,
Esteban

On 14 Jun 2018, at 07:53, Clément Bera <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Tim Mackinnon
Sad - but a wise decision, there was a already a lot going on.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone