Six Smalltalks now run Aida!

Janko Mivšek
Dear all,

While adding Smalltalk/X to download page I recounted the Smalltalk
dialects we support: six:

        Squeak
        Gemstone
        VisualWorks
        ObjectStudio
        Dolphin
        Smalltalk/X

I hope Nico will soon bring to us the seventh port: GNU Smalltalk! Then
only the VA Smalltalk is still missing.

Anyone interested to use Aida on VisualAge/VA Smalltalk?

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: Six Smalltalks now run Aida!

Giuseppe

Janko Mivšek escribió:
> I hope Nico will soon bring to us the seventh port: GNU Smalltalk! Then
> only the VA Smalltalk is still missing.

And LSW: http://www.lesser-software.com/en/flavours/frames/default.htm

This is where Dolphin is going based now.

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi wrote:

> Janko Mivšek escribió:

>> I hope Nico will soon bring to us the seventh port: GNU Smalltalk! Then
>> only the VA Smalltalk is still missing.

> And LSW: http://www.lesser-software.com/en/flavours/frames/default.htm
>
> This is where Dolphin is going based now.

Yes, and it will be named as Doplhin NG, so we can count it among the
Dolphin port. When it will be out, we just need to test the existing
port. Well, even better, finish the port of latest version, which is
currently underway.

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Six Smalltalks now run Aida!

Travis Kay
Janko Mivšek wrote:

> Giuseppe Luigi Punzi wrote:
>

>> Janko Mivšek escribió:
>>

>>> I hope Nico will soon bring to us the seventh port: GNU Smalltalk! Then
>>> only the VA Smalltalk is still missing.
>>>

>> And LSW: http://www.lesser-software.com/en/flavours/frames/default.htm
>>
>> This is where Dolphin is going based now.
>>

> Yes, and it will be named as Doplhin NG, so we can count it among the
> Dolphin port. When it will be out, we just need to test the existing
> port. Well, even better, finish the port of latest version, which is
> currently underway.

I'm glad to hear a port of the latest version is underway, AIDA/Web 5.0
beta was the only thing holding me back.
Janko, if the port processes is documented  (even in summary or point
form) I'm sure you'll get
more community help. I'm ready and willing to contribute in support of
Dolphin and Dolphin NG.

Travis

Re: Dolphin port (was Six Smalltalks)

Janko Mivšek
Hi Travis,

Travis Kay wrote:

>> Yes, and it will be named as Doplhin NG, so we can count it among the
>> Dolphin port. When it will be out, we just need to test the existing
>> port. Well, even better, finish the port of latest version, which is
>> currently underway.

> I'm glad to hear a port of the latest version is underway, AIDA/Web 5.0
> beta was the only thing holding me back.
> Janko, if the port processes is documented  (even in summary or point
> form) I'm sure you'll get
> more community help. I'm ready and willing to contribute in support of
> Dolphin and Dolphin NG.

Bruno Buzzi Brassesco is doing Dolphin port and last news from last
month are that he managed to port Swazoo 2.2 so that all tests pass
green, which actually means that he ported Swazoo successfully. Now Aida.

Maybe you can join forces with Bruno to make the port faster?

Best regards
Janko

---
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Dolphin port (was Six Smalltalks)

BrunoBB
Janko,Travis,

Dolphin NG will be compatible with Dolphin X6 at source level, so I think we
are done.

Swazoo 2.2 (Dolphin port) pass all test.
I have to synchronize it with Sport and check all changes that I did to the
original version.

I have a Dolphin image with AIDA 5.6 but is NOT working.

I can share AIDA and Swazoo packages of this image, no problem.
It is a very primary port.

Regards,
Bruno

>> Yes, and it will be named as Doplhin NG, so we can count it among the
>> Dolphin port. When it will be out, we just need to test the existing
>> port. Well, even better, finish the port of latest version, which is
>> currently underway.

> I'm glad to hear a port of the latest version is underway, AIDA/Web 5.0
> beta was the only thing holding me back.
> Janko, if the port processes is documented  (even in summary or point
> form) I'm sure you'll get
> more community help. I'm ready and willing to contribute in support of
> Dolphin and Dolphin NG.

Bruno Buzzi Brassesco is doing Dolphin port and last news from last
month are that he managed to port Swazoo 2.2 so that all tests pass
green, which actually means that he ported Swazoo successfully. Now Aida.

Maybe you can join forces with Bruno to make the port faster?

Best regards
Janko

---
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si
5:57 PM

Bruno Buzzi Brassesco wrote:
> Janko,Travis,
>
> Dolphin NG will be compatible with Dolphin X6 at source level, so I think we
> are done.

OK
> Swazoo 2.2 (Dolphin port) pass all test.
> I have to synchronize it with Sport and check all changes that I did to the
> original version.

This is good to hear.
> I have a Dolphin image with AIDA 5.6 but is NOT working.

What are the difficulties you are facing?
> I can share AIDA and Swazoo packages of this image, no problem.
> It is a very primary port.

Where and how can I help?

Germán Arduino wrote:
> Remember the problems on Gemstone to when you have time.

Yep, I didn't forget those ones :)

Janko

> 2009/1/12 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     Dear all,
>
>     While adding Smalltalk/X to download page I recounted the Smalltalk
>     dialects we support: six:
>
>            Squeak
>            Gemstone
>            VisualWorks
>            ObjectStudio
>            Dolphin
>            Smalltalk/X

Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Dolphin port (was Six Smalltalks)

BrunoBB

It just too early (only a few i worked on it) to make the port work.
Swazoo is working now I have to put all AIDA test in green.

Then analyze each change.

Regards,
Bruno

PS:
i think after DNG release (beta or what ever) the port will be accelerated.

> Dolphin NG will be compatible with Dolphin X6 at source level, so I think
we
> are done.

OK
> Swazoo 2.2 (Dolphin port) pass all test.
> I have to synchronize it with Sport and check all changes that I did to
the
> original version.

This is good to hear.
> I have a Dolphin image with AIDA 5.6 but is NOT working.

What are the difficulties you are facing?
> I can share AIDA and Swazoo packages of this image, no problem.
> It is a very primary port.

Where and how can I help?
> Regards,
> Bruno