FYI,

Norbert

---
Name: SIXX-NorbertHartl.169
Author: NorbertHartl
Time: 08/04/2010, 12:02:34
UUID: e0611da1-3501-4156-9c59-1aaaccb465ce
Ancestors: SIXX-DaleHenrichs.168

removed all usages of the convenient "text" selectors in stream. Grease stream does not support selectors like cr or tab:

This makes some of the code in Sixx a little bigger but also more clean. Now Sixx can be used with GRCodecStream to output encoded strings directly

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sixx update

Dale Henrichs
Norbert,

did you run the SIXX tests ... I'm using Seaside 3.0.0-rc.1 and a lot of
the SIXX tests are failing with what I assume to be line terminator
issues ...

There is GRPlatform current newline that should be used to get the line
terminator correct for the platform (in GemStone streams I think that
#cr actually outputs Character>>lf, since Character>>lf is the native
newline for GemStone)...At least that's my guess ...

Dale

Norbert Hartl wrote:

> FYI,
>
> Norbert
>
> ---
> Name: SIXX-NorbertHartl.169
> Author: NorbertHartl
> Time: 08/04/2010, 12:02:34
> UUID: e0611da1-3501-4156-9c59-1aaaccb465ce
> Ancestors: SIXX-DaleHenrichs.168
>
> removed all usages of the convenient "text" selectors in stream. Grease stream does not support selectors like cr or tab:
>
> This makes some of the code in Sixx a little bigger but also more clean. Now Sixx can be used with GRCodecStream to output encoded strings directly
>
Reply | Threaded
|

NorbertHartl

On 04.08.2010, at 23:01, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> Norbert,
>
> did you run the SIXX tests ... I'm using Seaside 3.0.0-rc.1 and a lot of the SIXX tests are failing with what I assume to be line terminator issues ...
>
> There is GRPlatform current newline that should be used to get the line terminator correct for the platform (in GemStone streams I think that #cr actually outputs Character>>lf, since Character>>lf is the native newline for GemStone)...At least that's my guess ...
>
Gotcha :) What do we learn from this? There is _really_ no change without side effect. I'll take care about that. Using GRPlatform would make the fix very easy but it would make a lot of things grease dependent. If you'd say it is feasible to force all users (that want to use sixx) to install grease by default or that grease is a standard component from now on than I'm happy to use it.

While I'm at it I'll take a look at the problems that prevented xml parser to be integrated in the 1.0-beta.8 line up. If you didn't take care in the meantime.

Norbert

> Norbert Hartl wrote:
>> FYI,
>> Norbert
>> ---
>> Name: SIXX-NorbertHartl.169
>> Author: NorbertHartl
>> Time: 08/04/2010, 12:02:34
>> UUID: e0611da1-3501-4156-9c59-1aaaccb465ce
>> Ancestors: SIXX-DaleHenrichs.168
>> removed all usages of the convenient "text" selectors in stream. Grease stream does not support selectors like cr or tab:
>> This makes some of the code in Sixx a little bigger but also more clean. Now Sixx can be used with GRCodecStream to output encoded strings directly

Reply | Threaded
|

NorbertHartl
Dale,

you were absolutely right. It was the line ending that made the tests fail. All tests are back to green.

Norbert

On 04.08.2010, at 23:17, Norbert Hartl wrote:

>
> On 04.08.2010, at 23:01, Dale Henrichs wrote:
>
>> Norbert,
>>
>> did you run the SIXX tests ... I'm using Seaside 3.0.0-rc.1 and a lot of the SIXX tests are failing with what I assume to be line terminator issues ...
>>
>> There is GRPlatform current newline that should be used to get the line terminator correct for the platform (in GemStone streams I think that #cr actually outputs Character>>lf, since Character>>lf is the native newline for GemStone)...At least that's my guess ...
>>
> Gotcha :) What do we learn from this? There is _really_ no change without side effect. I'll take care about that. Using GRPlatform would make the fix very easy but it would make a lot of things grease dependent. If you'd say it is feasible to force all users (that want to use sixx) to install grease by default or that grease is a standard component from now on than I'm happy to use it.
>
> While I'm at it I'll take a look at the problems that prevented xml parser to be integrated in the 1.0-beta.8 line up. If you didn't take care in the meantime.
>
> Norbert
>
>
>> Norbert Hartl wrote:
>>> FYI,
>>> Norbert
>>> ---
>>> Name: SIXX-NorbertHartl.169
>>> Author: NorbertHartl
>>> Time: 08/04/2010, 12:02:34
>>> UUID: e0611da1-3501-4156-9c59-1aaaccb465ce
>>> Ancestors: SIXX-DaleHenrichs.168
>>> removed all usages of the convenient "text" selectors in stream. Grease stream does not support selectors like cr or tab:
>>> This makes some of the code in Sixx a little bigger but also more clean. Now Sixx can be used with GRCodecStream to output encoded strings directly
>

Reply | Threaded
|

Dale Henrichs
In reply to this post by NorbertHartl
Norbert,

I'm happy to have a SIXX dependent Grease ... getting SIXX to work with
the latest XML Parser would be a bonus ...

Dale

Norbert Hartl wrote:

> On 04.08.2010, at 23:01, Dale Henrichs wrote:
>
>> Norbert,
>>
>> did you run the SIXX tests ... I'm using Seaside 3.0.0-rc.1 and a lot of the SIXX tests are failing with what I assume to be line terminator issues ...
>>
>> There is GRPlatform current newline that should be used to get the line terminator correct for the platform (in GemStone streams I think that #cr actually outputs Character>>lf, since Character>>lf is the native newline for GemStone)...At least that's my guess ...
>>
> Gotcha :) What do we learn from this? There is _really_ no change without side effect. I'll take care about that. Using GRPlatform would make the fix very easy but it would make a lot of things grease dependent. If you'd say it is feasible to force all users (that want to use sixx) to install grease by default or that grease is a standard component from now on than I'm happy to use it.
>
> While I'm at it I'll take a look at the problems that prevented xml parser to be integrated in the 1.0-beta.8 line up. If you didn't take care in the meantime.
>
> Norbert
>
>
>> Norbert Hartl wrote:
>>> FYI,
>>> Norbert
>>> ---
>>> Name: SIXX-NorbertHartl.169
>>> Author: NorbertHartl
>>> Time: 08/04/2010, 12:02:34
>>> UUID: e0611da1-3501-4156-9c59-1aaaccb465ce
>>> Ancestors: SIXX-DaleHenrichs.168
>>> removed all usages of the convenient "text" selectors in stream. Grease stream does not support selectors like cr or tab:
>>> This makes some of the code in Sixx a little bigger but also more clean. Now Sixx can be used with GRCodecStream to output encoded strings directly
>
Reply | Threaded
|

NorbertHartl

On 05.08.2010, at 00:22, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> Norbert,
>
> I'm happy to have a SIXX dependent Grease ... getting SIXX to work with the latest XML Parser would be a bonus ...
>
Guess what I'm doing at the moment ;)

Norbert

>
> Norbert Hartl wrote:
>> On 04.08.2010, at 23:01, Dale Henrichs wrote:
>>> Norbert,
>>>
>>> did you run the SIXX tests ... I'm using Seaside 3.0.0-rc.1 and a lot of the SIXX tests are failing with what I assume to be line terminator issues ...
>>>
>>> There is GRPlatform current newline that should be used to get the line terminator correct for the platform (in GemStone streams I think that #cr actually outputs Character>>lf, since Character>>lf is the native newline for GemStone)...At least that's my guess ...
>>>
>> Gotcha :) What do we learn from this? There is _really_ no change without side effect. I'll take care about that. Using GRPlatform would make the fix very easy but it would make a lot of things grease dependent. If you'd say it is feasible to force all users (that want to use sixx) to install grease by default or that grease is a standard component from now on than I'm happy to use it. While I'm at it I'll take a look at the problems that prevented xml parser to be integrated in the 1.0-beta.8 line up. If you didn't take care in the meantime.
>> Norbert
>>> Norbert Hartl wrote:
>>>> FYI,
>>>> Norbert
>>>> ---
>>>> Name: SIXX-NorbertHartl.169
>>>> Author: NorbertHartl
>>>> Time: 08/04/2010, 12:02:34
>>>> UUID: e0611da1-3501-4156-9c59-1aaaccb465ce
>>>> Ancestors: SIXX-DaleHenrichs.168
>>>> removed all usages of the convenient "text" selectors in stream. Grease stream does not support selectors like cr or tab:
>>>> This makes some of the code in Sixx a little bigger but also more clean. Now Sixx can be used with GRCodecStream to output encoded strings directly

Reply | Threaded
|

NorbertHartl
In reply to this post by Dale Henrichs

On 05.08.2010, at 00:22, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> Norbert,
>
> I'm happy to have a SIXX dependent Grease ... getting SIXX to work with the latest XML Parser would be a bonus ...
>
Ok, there is now SIXX-NorbertHartl.170 that has the Character cr replaced by GRPlatform current newline. And now there is XML-Parser.g-NorbertHartl.73 that upgrades the XML parser to a state where namespace handling has been added. You may have seen my mail to the pharo list. The squeaksource version after the one I've ported has some encoding issues that is an issue either in pharo monticello or in gemstone.

I need to clarify how to update the ConfigurationOfXMLSupport. I will update it then for the new versionse. And I tend to integrate Sixx into the ConfigurationOfXMLSupport.

Norbert

> Dale
>
> Norbert Hartl wrote:
>> On 04.08.2010, at 23:01, Dale Henrichs wrote:
>>> Norbert,
>>>
>>> did you run the SIXX tests ... I'm using Seaside 3.0.0-rc.1 and a lot of the SIXX tests are failing with what I assume to be line terminator issues ...
>>>
>>> There is GRPlatform current newline that should be used to get the line terminator correct for the platform (in GemStone streams I think that #cr actually outputs Character>>lf, since Character>>lf is the native newline for GemStone)...At least that's my guess ...
>>>
>> Gotcha :) What do we learn from this? There is _really_ no change without side effect. I'll take care about that. Using GRPlatform would make the fix very easy but it would make a lot of things grease dependent. If you'd say it is feasible to force all users (that want to use sixx) to install grease by default or that grease is a standard component from now on than I'm happy to use it. While I'm at it I'll take a look at the problems that prevented xml parser to be integrated in the 1.0-beta.8 line up. If you didn't take care in the meantime.
>> Norbert
>>> Norbert Hartl wrote:
>>>> FYI,
>>>> Norbert
>>>> ---
>>>> Name: SIXX-NorbertHartl.169
>>>> Author: NorbertHartl
>>>> Time: 08/04/2010, 12:02:34
>>>> UUID: e0611da1-3501-4156-9c59-1aaaccb465ce
>>>> Ancestors: SIXX-DaleHenrichs.168
>>>> removed all usages of the convenient "text" selectors in stream. Grease stream does not support selectors like cr or tab:
>>>> This makes some of the code in Sixx a little bigger but also more clean. Now Sixx can be used with GRCodecStream to output encoded strings directly

Reply | Threaded
|

Dale Henrichs
Norbert,

We've bumped into WideStrings creeping into Monticello packages before
... I consider this a bug ... if non-ascii characters are to be stored
in an mcz file, then UTF8 should be used to encode the strings ... As I
think about, I assume that it _is_ possible to create
QuadByteString-based mcz files from GemStone:), but using utf8 is only a
solution if everyone follows the convention...

Integrating SIXX into the XML config is probably a good idea ... once
you've got it integrated ... I'll phase out the separate config that is
GemStone-specific.

Dale

Norbert Hartl wrote:

> On 05.08.2010, at 00:22, Dale Henrichs wrote:
>
>> Norbert,
>>
>> I'm happy to have a SIXX dependent Grease ... getting SIXX to work with the latest XML Parser would be a bonus ...
>>
> Ok, there is now SIXX-NorbertHartl.170 that has the Character cr replaced by GRPlatform current newline. And now there is XML-Parser.g-NorbertHartl.73 that upgrades the XML parser to a state where namespace handling has been added. You may have seen my mail to the pharo list. The squeaksource version after the one I've ported has some encoding issues that is an issue either in pharo monticello or in gemstone.
>
> I need to clarify how to update the ConfigurationOfXMLSupport. I will update it then for the new versionse. And I tend to integrate Sixx into the ConfigurationOfXMLSupport.
>
>
> Norbert
>
>> Dale
>>
>> Norbert Hartl wrote:
>>> On 04.08.2010, at 23:01, Dale Henrichs wrote:
>>>> Norbert,
>>>>
>>>> did you run the SIXX tests ... I'm using Seaside 3.0.0-rc.1 and a lot of the SIXX tests are failing with what I assume to be line terminator issues ...
>>>>
>>>> There is GRPlatform current newline that should be used to get the line terminator correct for the platform (in GemStone streams I think that #cr actually outputs Character>>lf, since Character>>lf is the native newline for GemStone)...At least that's my guess ...
>>>>
>>> Gotcha :) What do we learn from this? There is _really_ no change without side effect. I'll take care about that. Using GRPlatform would make the fix very easy but it would make a lot of things grease dependent. If you'd say it is feasible to force all users (that want to use sixx) to install grease by default or that grease is a standard component from now on than I'm happy to use it. While I'm at it I'll take a look at the problems that prevented xml parser to be integrated in the 1.0-beta.8 line up. If you didn't take care in the meantime.
>>> Norbert
>>>> Norbert Hartl wrote:
>>>>> FYI,
>>>>> Norbert
>>>>> ---
>>>>> Name: SIXX-NorbertHartl.169
>>>>> Author: NorbertHartl
>>>>> Time: 08/04/2010, 12:02:34
>>>>> UUID: e0611da1-3501-4156-9c59-1aaaccb465ce
>>>>> Ancestors: SIXX-DaleHenrichs.168
>>>>> removed all usages of the convenient "text" selectors in stream. Grease stream does not support selectors like cr or tab:
>>>>> This makes some of the code in Sixx a little bigger but also more clean. Now Sixx can be used with GRCodecStream to output encoded strings directly
>