Size of Deployed Amber

Joel Turnbull-2

Does anybody know the collective, estimated size of deployed amber .js files required for a production?

Are packages like IDE necessary in production? Is there a production set of packages vs. a development set, and if so is there a standard way to toggle that loading?

I'm giving a small Amber talk on Tuesday, this is a last ditch effort to to cover my bases :)

Thanks,
Joel

Re: Size of Deployed Amber

Nicolas Petton
Hi,

On Sun, 2011-11-06 at 22:25 -0500, Joel Turnbull wrote:

> Does anybody know the collective, estimated size of deployed amber .js
> files required for a production?

Yes, it's around 160Kb without JS compression.

> Are packages like IDE necessary in production? Is there a production
> set of packages vs. a development set, and if so is there a standard
> way to toggle that loading?

You can load deployment files only (*.deploy.js) with this:
<script src="js/amber.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"> loadAmber({deploy: true})</script>

This will load the kernel and htmlcanvas only (without the parser,
compiler and IDE)

Cheers,
Nico