Size of the interrupt queue

Henrik Høyer

We are seeing a lot of Process(class)>overrunInterrupt sends in one of our images.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the size of the interrupt queue?

sPeople Logo Henrik Høyer
Chief Software Architect
[hidden email] • (+45) 4029 2092
Tigervej 27 • 4600 Køge
www.sPeople.dk • (+45) 7023 7775

*** this signature added by listserv *** *** Visit http://www.listserv.dfn.de/archives/vswe-l.html *** *** for archive browsing and VSWE-L membership management ***

AW: Size of the interrupt queue

Möbus. Manfred

It is fairly easy to decompile the AddInterruptC() function which is publicly exported. Here we can see something like

MOV BytePtr [EDX+0x10025CD0],AL

which means that the interrupt queue is some memory location in the middle of the „data“ section of the dll, every access is coded as a dll-relative memory location that is also included in the .reloc section to be relocated by the windows PE file loader when the dll is loaded into the process.

So while it is probably one simple constant to change if you can recompile the dll, it will require a good number of code places to hack to move all access to the queue to some other location where you might have allocated more memory.

Manfred

We are seeing a lot of Process(class)>overrunInterrupt sends in one of our images.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the size of the interrupt queue?

Treffen Sie AEB vom 13.-15. März 2012 auf der LogiMAT in Stuttgart. Halle 7, Stand 261.
Vereinbaren Sie jetzt einen Termin und erhalten eine Eintrittskarte: www.aeb.de/logimat
*** this signature added by listserv *** *** Visit http://www.listserv.dfn.de/archives/vswe-l.html *** *** for archive browsing and VSWE-L membership management ***

Re: Size of the interrupt queue

Todor Todorov

I think it’s hardcoded in the VM.

*** this signature added by listserv *** *** Visit http://www.listserv.dfn.de/archives/vswe-l.html *** *** for archive browsing and VSWE-L membership management ***

Re: Size of the interrupt queue

Andreas Rosenberg
Hi!

The interrupt queue has a limit of 8192 slots. Usually there is no need to grow the queue.
I once had a similar problem and found out that somebody was flooding the queue with
interrupts faster than the interrupts could be processed. Another reason could be that
interrupts are disabled for a very long time and therefore nobody is removing entries
from the queue (wrong usage of enable/disable interrupts?)

Check senders of:
Process class >> #interrupt:

Usage of interrupts
        1       Unknown Interrupt - may be triggered if someone triggers an invalid int number
        2       Control Break - is not triggered by the vm
        3       Timer Interrupt - is not triggered by the vm
        4       stackOverflowInterrupt - may be triggered by ST Wndproc
        5       Debugger Step - is triggered by debuggable compiled methods
        6       Interrupt Queue Overrun -  overflow of the interrupt queue
        7       GC Compact - triggered at end of global compact
        8       OS Event Interrupt - triggered by doPeek
        9       Memory panic interrupt - triggered by flipper if low on old space memory
       10       Protection Violation - triggered by apiole in case of a protection violation
       11       GC Flip - triggered at end of flip
       12       Code Cached Cleared - triggered by JIT compiler code
       13       OS Exit Callback - (OS/2 specific)

Regards,
   Andreas

Andreas Rosenberg | eMail: [hidden email]
APIS GmbH         | Phone: +49 9482 9415-0
Im Haslet 42      | Fax: +49 9482 9415-55
93086 Wörth/D     | WWW: < http://www.apis.de/ <http://www.apis.de/> >
Germany           | < http://www.fmea.de/ <http://www.fmea.de/> >

We are seeing a lot of Process(class)>overrunInterrupt sends in one of our images.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the size of the interrupt queue?

 <http://www.sPeople.dk> sPeople Logo Henrik Høyer
Chief Software Architect
[hidden email] <mailto:[e-mail]>  * (+45) 4029 2092
Tigervej 27 * 4600 Køge
www.sPeople.dk <http://www.sPeople.dk>  * (+45) 7023 7775