SkipList

gcotelli
Hi,

20 of the methods that are not license clean are part of SkipList and SkipListNode...

I checked the core, dev and web image and there's no reference to this (except the tests) and asSkipList in Collection (with no senders)...

I think it's better to move this out of the core to an external loadable package... but better to ask to the community first :)

Comments are welcome.

Thanks
Gabriel

Re: SkipList

Adrian Lienhard
Hi Gabriel,

Yes, it was also my intention to remove SkipList from the core.

Not sure whether it makes sense to create an external package. Anybody
using SkipList? If there is no interest, I would not create it. Its
not lost as you can always go back and extract it from Squeak or an
earlier version of Pharo.

Cheers,
Adrian

On Jun 3, 2009, at 02:01 , Gabriel Cotelli wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 20 of the methods that are not license clean are part of SkipList and
> SkipListNode...
>
> I checked the core, dev and web image and there's no reference to this
> (except the tests) and asSkipList in Collection (with no senders)...
>
> I think it's better to move this out of the core to an external
> loadable
> package... but better to ask to the community first :)
>
> Comments are welcome.
>
> Thanks
> Gabriel

Re: SkipList

Nicolas Cellier
That remind me http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-March/127168.html
I proposed already to move SkipList in Squeaksource/Squeakmap and
still agree on this
( http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-March/127217.html
)

Ken Causey has shown good willing to do it at that time, but did not
proceed, I don't remember why... Maybe because he could not decide
about the license, or waited for author agreement? Ah yes, see:
http://tunes.org/~nef//logs/squeak/08.04.04

So, who will take that job?

Nicolas

2009/6/3 Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Gabriel,
>
> Yes, it was also my intention to remove SkipList from the core.
>
> Not sure whether it makes sense to create an external package. Anybody
> using SkipList? If there is no interest, I would not create it. Its
> not lost as you can always go back and extract it from Squeak or an
> earlier version of Pharo.
>
> Cheers,
> Adrian
>

> On Jun 3, 2009, at 02:01 , Gabriel Cotelli wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> 20 of the methods that are not license clean are part of SkipList and
>> SkipListNode...
>>
>> I checked the core, dev and web image and there's no reference to this
>> (except the tests) and asSkipList in Collection (with no senders)...
>>
>> I think it's better to move this out of the core to an external
>> loadable
>> package... but better to ask to the community first :)
>>
>> Comments are welcome.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Gabriel

Re: SkipList

Stéphane Ducasse
Me or adrian :)

Stef

On Jun 3, 2009, at 8:38 PM, Nicolas Cellier wrote:

> That remind me http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-March/127168.html
> I proposed already to move SkipList in Squeaksource/Squeakmap and
> still agree on this
> ( http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-March/127217.html
> )
>
> Ken Causey has shown good willing to do it at that time, but did not
> proceed, I don't remember why... Maybe because he could not decide
> about the license, or waited for author agreement? Ah yes, see:
> http://tunes.org/~nef//logs/squeak/08.04.04
>
> So, who will take that job?
>
> Nicolas
>

> 2009/6/3 Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi Gabriel,
>>
>> Yes, it was also my intention to remove SkipList from the core.
>>
>> Not sure whether it makes sense to create an external package.
>> Anybody
>> using SkipList? If there is no interest, I would not create it. Its
>> not lost as you can always go back and extract it from Squeak or an
>> earlier version of Pharo.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Adrian
>>

>> On Jun 3, 2009, at 02:01 , Gabriel Cotelli wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> 20 of the methods that are not license clean are part of SkipList
>>> and
>>> SkipListNode...
>>>
>>> I checked the core, dev and web image and there's no reference to
>>> this
>>> (except the tests) and asSkipList in Collection (with no senders)...
>>>
>>> I think it's better to move this out of the core to an external
>>> loadable
>>> package... but better to ask to the community first :)
>>>
>>> Comments are welcome.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Gabriel

Re: SkipList

Stéphane Ducasse
I meant that we will remove it.
stef
On Jun 3, 2009, at 8:50 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Me or adrian :)
>
> Stef
>
> On Jun 3, 2009, at 8:38 PM, Nicolas Cellier wrote:
>
>> That remind me http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-March/127168.html
>> I proposed already to move SkipList in Squeaksource/Squeakmap and
>> still agree on this
>> ( http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-March/127217.html
>> )
>>
>> Ken Causey has shown good willing to do it at that time, but did not
>> proceed, I don't remember why... Maybe because he could not decide
>> about the license, or waited for author agreement? Ah yes, see:
>> http://tunes.org/~nef//logs/squeak/08.04.04
>>
>> So, who will take that job?
>>
>> Nicolas
>>

>> 2009/6/3 Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]>:
>>> Hi Gabriel,
>>>
>>> Yes, it was also my intention to remove SkipList from the core.
>>>
>>> Not sure whether it makes sense to create an external package.
>>> Anybody
>>> using SkipList? If there is no interest, I would not create it. Its
>>> not lost as you can always go back and extract it from Squeak or an
>>> earlier version of Pharo.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Adrian

Re: SkipList

gcotelli
Ok... seems that are ok to remove that...
If nobody take this I can do that.

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
I meant that we will remove it.
stef
On Jun 3, 2009, at 8:50 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Me or adrian :)
>
> Stef
>
> On Jun 3, 2009, at 8:38 PM, Nicolas Cellier wrote:
>
>> That remind me http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-March/127168.html
>> I proposed already to move SkipList in Squeaksource/Squeakmap and
>> still agree on this
>> ( http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-March/127217.html
>> )
>>
>> Ken Causey has shown good willing to do it at that time, but did not
>> proceed, I don't remember why... Maybe because he could not decide
>> about the license, or waited for author agreement? Ah yes, see:
>> http://tunes.org/~nef//logs/squeak/08.04.04
>>
>> So, who will take that job?
>>
>> Nicolas
>>

>> 2009/6/3 Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]>:
>>> Hi Gabriel,
>>>
>>> Yes, it was also my intention to remove SkipList from the core.
>>>
>>> Not sure whether it makes sense to create an external package.
>>> Anybody
>>> using SkipList? If there is no interest, I would not create it. Its
>>> not lost as you can always go back and extract it from Squeak or an
>>> earlier version of Pharo.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Adrian

Re: SkipList

Adrian Lienhard
Gabriel, I think its easier if Stef or I will do it when we prepare
the next update. Like this you don't need to spend time dealing with
MC or a changeset for this simple removal. I'd prefer your work on the
harder licensing stuff ;)

Cheers,
Adrian

On Jun 3, 2009, at 21:55 , Gabriel Cotelli wrote:

> Ok... seems that are ok to remove that...
> If nobody take this I can do that.
>

> On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> I meant that we will remove it.
>> stef
>> On Jun 3, 2009, at 8:50 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>
>>> Me or adrian :)
>>>
>>> Stef

>> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-March/127168.html
>> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-March/127217.html

Re: SkipList

gcotelli
Ok... so I continue with the other stuff...

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 5:07 PM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
Gabriel, I think its easier if Stef or I will do it when we prepare
the next update. Like this you don't need to spend time dealing with
MC or a changeset for this simple removal. I'd prefer your work on the
harder licensing stuff ;)

Cheers,
Adrian

On Jun 3, 2009, at 21:55 , Gabriel Cotelli wrote:

> Ok... seems that are ok to remove that...
> If nobody take this I can do that.
>

> On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> I meant that we will remove it.
>> stef
>> On Jun 3, 2009, at 8:50 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>
>>> Me or adrian :)
>>>
>>> Stef

>> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-March/127168.html
>> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-March/127217.html

Re: SkipList

Mariano Martinez Peck
you can SKIP it from LIST hahaha ;)

2009/6/3 Gabriel Cotelli <[hidden email]>
Ok... so I continue with the other stuff...

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 5:07 PM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
Gabriel, I think its easier if Stef or I will do it when we prepare
the next update. Like this you don't need to spend time dealing with
MC or a changeset for this simple removal. I'd prefer your work on the
harder licensing stuff ;)

Cheers,
Adrian

On Jun 3, 2009, at 21:55 , Gabriel Cotelli wrote:

> Ok... seems that are ok to remove that...
> If nobody take this I can do that.
>

> On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> I meant that we will remove it.
>> stef
>> On Jun 3, 2009, at 8:50 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>
>>> Me or adrian :)
>>>
>>> Stef

>> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-March/127168.html
>> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-March/127217.html