Slack Invites doesn't work correctly

mldavis99

In the milestone release of Pharo By Example 5: “Pharo is also active on Slack - a platform for chat based on IRC (http:

//pharoproject.slack.com), just ask for an invitation at http://slackinvites.pharo.org. Everybody is welcomed.”

However, http://slackinvites.pharo.org goes to what appears to be an invalid page.  How can a user get access to Pharo on slack?

Avast logo

Re: Slack Invites doesn't work correctly

Marcus Denker-4
Hi,

The slack invite is now using a widget on the site

(there has been already a pull request to fix in the book and point to the website)

On 4 Feb 2017, at 03:00, [hidden email] wrote:

In the milestone release of Pharo By Example 5: “Pharo is also active on Slack - a platform for chat based on IRC (http:
//pharoproject.slack.com), just ask for an invitation at http://slackinvites.pharo.org. Everybody is welcomed.”

However, http://slackinvites.pharo.org goes to what appears to be an invalid page.  How can a user get access to Pharo on slack?

Avast logo

Re: Slack Invites doesn't work correctly

Esteban A. Maringolo
Somebody decided to use the, better suited, domain slackinvites.pharo.org but didn't notify me, so that domain wasn't handled by my company server that currently runs the invite program.

I now added that domain to the nginx sites, and it is working (please confirm from your side).

Regards,

Esteban A. Maringolo

The slack invite is now using a widget on the site

(there has been already a pull request to fix in the book and point to the website)

On 4 Feb 2017, at 03:00, [hidden email] wrote:

In the milestone release of Pharo By Example 5: “Pharo is also active on Slack - a platform for chat based on IRC (http:
//pharoproject.slack.com), just ask for an invitation at http://slackinvites.pharo.org. Everybody is welcomed.”

However, http://slackinvites.pharo.org goes to what appears to be an invalid page.  How can a user get access to Pharo on slack?

Avast logo

Re: Slack Invites doesn't work correctly

mldavis99

Perfect, thank you so much.  Tested in Windows 10 from both Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11.

Regards,

mike

Re: Slack Invites doesn't work correctly

mldavis99

Super, thank you Marcus.  Esteban Maringolo has also already fixed the url in the book. (see the attachment)

Thank you very much,

mike