Slashdot Submission

12

Re: Slashdot Submission

stepharong
the one that I gave you :)
and is on your dropbox folder.

On Sun, 01 Jan 2017 22:06:32 +0100, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Stef!

Which "Collective Intelligence" book are you referring to? Googling it gives me plenty of hits that are not really a book

Cheers
Alexandre

Le 1 janv. 2017 à 21:32, stepharong <[hidden email]> a écrit :

On Sun, 01 Jan 2017 19:04:14 +0100, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:

Page views are a pretty bad metric about quality of conversation. I remember the XKCD comic about "someone is wrong on the Internet"[1] and I wonder if the energy should be put there, at all.

[1] https://www.xkcd.com/386/

In my case, some of my fellow programmers friends started with some friendly "bullying" about my choice of Smalltalk/Pharo, well also for my choice of fossil or anything not trendy or popular, and some of them joke about me being some kind of "cyberhypster" :-P. That was at the beginning, and instead of trying to convince them otherwise by talking I prefer to build and demo my Grafoscopio project in our hackerspace but with other people (journalist, students, philosophers, teachers) with the idea of data storytelling instead of programming. Now my fellow programmers friends show more interest (but I'm still a cyberhypster :-)).

I like your process and it is an excellent one because at the end you get

- an artefact
- credibility (even if you always have people telling you something)
- and even a community

I like this idea of data analyst and journalist. I was planning to read and port to Pharo the collective intelligence book but I got distracted by my kids and I wrote some chapters for my new books.
If you are interested by the collective intelligence book let me know (it took me some time to find it on torrent) I bought it but it still did not arrive to my place

May be I should also be a cyberhypster :) but I like to shave from time to time :)

Re: Slashdot Submission

abergel
Ah yes!!! That one!

Okay! By the way, soon I will design a new lecture, and part of this collective intelligence book will be covered by my lecture. I will let you know.

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu