SlideShow

keith1y
Lukas,

I hope you dont mind, I extended slideshow to provide glitzy crossfading
pictures with a little javascript.

There is a slight problem which shows up if you try to un a slideshow
without any |<< >>| tools showing. It appears that if you render a div
with nothing in it (a), and later via an evaluator update that div,
again with nothing in it(b). In IE the div appears, where it wasnt
visible before.

The code is in Pier-SlideShow

(a) PRSlideShowCrossFade-#renderSlideshowOn: html
(b) PRSlideShowCrossFade-#applyCrossFadeTo: script

any thoughts?

Keith

Re: SlideShow

Lukas Renggli
> I hope you dont mind, I extended slideshow to provide glitzy crossfading
> pictures with a little javascript.

Sure, no problem.

Why don't you use the crossfade functionality from Scriptaculous?

> There is a slight problem which shows up if you try to un a slideshow
> without any |<< >>| tools showing. It appears that if you render a div
> with nothing in it (a), and later via an evaluator update that div,
> again with nothing in it(b). In IE the div appears, where it wasnt
> visible before.
>
> The code is in Pier-SlideShow
>
> (a) PRSlideShowCrossFade-#renderSlideshowOn: html
> (b) PRSlideShowCrossFade-#applyCrossFadeTo: script
>
> any thoughts?

Maybe it is the best not to show render it at all? Or hide it using CSS?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: SlideShow

keith1y
Lukas Renggli wrote:
>> I hope you dont mind, I extended slideshow to provide glitzy crossfading
>> pictures with a little javascript.
>>

> Sure, no problem.
>
> Why don't you use the crossfade functionality from Scriptaculous?

What crossfade in scriptaculous?

I figured that since the Crossfade project on squeaksource didnt use it
there was none. I can see fade, but no crossfade

>> There is a slight problem which shows up if you try to un a slideshow
>> without any |<< >>| tools showing. It appears that if you render a div
>> with nothing in it (a), and later via an evaluator update that div,
>> again with nothing in it(b). In IE the div appears, where it wasnt
>> visible before.
>>
>> The code is in Pier-SlideShow
>>
>> (a) PRSlideShowCrossFade-#renderSlideshowOn: html
>> (b) PRSlideShowCrossFade-#applyCrossFadeTo: script
>>
>> any thoughts?
>>

> Maybe it is the best not to show render it at all? Or hide it using CSS?

I am hiding it using css.

I just thought that this might be a more general bug in scriptaculous

Keith
> Lukas

Re: SlideShow

Lukas Renggli
>> Why don't you use the crossfade functionality from Scriptaculous?
>>
> What crossfade in scriptaculous?

You put the two images on top of each other, and fade out the one on
top. This is what is done for the intro on this site
<http://www.spoerli.ch/> for example.

> I just thought that this might be a more general bug in scriptaculous

Not that I know.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: SlideShow

keith1y

>> I just thought that this might be a more general bug in scriptaculous
> Not that I know.

It appears to be, that rendering an empty div, is different to updating
an empty div.

Keith
> Lukas

Re: SlideShow

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 5:53 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Why don't you use the crossfade functionality from Scriptaculous?
>>
> What crossfade in scriptaculous?

You put the two images on top of each other, and fade out the one on
top. This is what is done for the intro on this site
<http://www.spoerli.ch/> for example.

Niceeeeeeeeeee!!! very nice web. I need to do something like that :)

Excellent!

> I just thought that this might be a more general bug in scriptaculous

Not that I know.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: SlideShow

stéphane ducasse-2

> You put the two images on top of each other, and fade out the one on
> top. This is what is done for the intro on this site
> <http://www.spoerli.ch/> for example.

it is with pier?
csmbox?

Re: SlideShow

Lukas Renggli
>> You put the two images on top of each other, and fade out the one on
>> top. This is what is done for the intro on this site
>> <http://www.spoerli.ch/> for example.
>
> it is with pier?
> csmbox?

That's Cmsbox.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: SlideShow

Mariano Martinez Peck
I am trying to put a simple slidshow. I download Pier-SlideShow and add a component PRSlideShow. But I have a message that says "Please add slides to this widget."   But I don't know how to do it. How can I add slides to this widget ?

Thanks,

Mariano

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 6:09 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> You put the two images on top of each other, and fade out the one on
>> top. This is what is done for the intro on this site
>> <http://www.spoerli.ch/> for example.
>
> it is with pier?
> csmbox?

That's Cmsbox.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: SlideShow

John McKeon
Click the "add" command (while the Slideshow is the current document) After you add a picture the Picture will be the active document and you need to view the slideshow again to add another

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 8:13 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am trying to put a simple slidshow. I download Pier-SlideShow and add a component PRSlideShow. But I have a message that says "Please add slides to this widget."   But I don't know how to do it. How can I add slides to this widget ?

Thanks,

Mariano

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 6:09 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> You put the two images on top of each other, and fade out the one on
>> top. This is what is done for the intro on this site
>> <http://www.spoerli.ch/> for example.
>
> it is with pier?
> csmbox?

That's Cmsbox.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: SlideShow

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 9:46 PM, John McKeon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Click the "add" command (while the Slideshow is the current document)

I have to put "file" when I put add ? I put file and then select a picture.

After you add a picture the Picture will be the active document and you need to view the slideshow again to add another

I still have the message that says "Please add slides to this widget.". However, I have a children of that page (the slideshow) and I have a link in a right column called "navigation".

What I did wrong ?

Thanks for the help.

mariano

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 8:13 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am trying to put a simple slidshow. I download Pier-SlideShow and add a component PRSlideShow. But I have a message that says "Please add slides to this widget."   But I don't know how to do it. How can I add slides to this widget ?

Thanks,

Mariano

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 6:09 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> You put the two images on top of each other, and fade out the one on
>> top. This is what is done for the intro on this site
>> <http://www.spoerli.ch/> for example.
>
> it is with pier?
> csmbox?

That's Cmsbox.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: SlideShow

John McKeon

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 8:57 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 9:46 PM, John McKeon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Click the "add" command (while the Slideshow is the current document)

I have to put "file" when I put add ? I put file and then select a picture.

Yes this is correct. But you have to be viewing the Slideshow, not the page that refers to the slideshow . So in the footer the tree should look like this:

After you add a picture the Picture will be the active document and you need to view the slideshow again to add another

I still have the message that says "Please add slides to this widget.". However, I have a children of that page (the slideshow) and I have a link in a right column called "navigation".

What I did wrong ?

Thanks for the help.

mariano

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 8:13 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am trying to put a simple slidshow. I download Pier-SlideShow and add a component PRSlideShow. But I have a message that says "Please add slides to this widget."   But I don't know how to do it. How can I add slides to this widget ?

Thanks,

Mariano

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 6:09 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> You put the two images on top of each other, and fade out the one on
>> top. This is what is done for the intro on this site
>> <http://www.spoerli.ch/> for example.
>
> it is with pier?
> csmbox?

That's Cmsbox.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: SlideShow

John McKeon
Oops  - well I was about done anyway. Never mind the tree, re-enter the web-site (without session keys in the url) and the slides should show up.

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 11:13 PM, John McKeon <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 8:57 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 9:46 PM, John McKeon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Click the "add" command (while the Slideshow is the current document)

I have to put "file" when I put add ? I put file and then select a picture.

After you add a picture the Picture will be the active document and you need to view the slideshow again to add another

I still have the message that says "Please add slides to this widget.". However, I have a children of that page (the slideshow) and I have a link in a right column called "navigation".

What I did wrong ?

Thanks for the help.

mariano

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 8:13 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am trying to put a simple slidshow. I download Pier-SlideShow and add a component PRSlideShow. But I have a message that says "Please add slides to this widget."   But I don't know how to do it. How can I add slides to this widget ?

Thanks,

Mariano

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 6:09 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> You put the two images on top of each other, and fade out the one on
>> top. This is what is done for the intro on this site
>> <http://www.spoerli.ch/> for example.
>
> it is with pier?
> csmbox?

That's Cmsbox.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: SlideShow

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 12:22 AM, John McKeon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Oops  - well I was about done anyway. Never mind the tree, re-enter the web-site (without session keys in the url) and the slides should show up.

You were right man! I have to put down pier and bring it up again and now I works like a charm :)

now, is there a way that this slides are passed automatically after X seconds instead of manually ?

Thanks for the help.

mariano

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 11:13 PM, John McKeon <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 8:57 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 9:46 PM, John McKeon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Click the "add" command (while the Slideshow is the current document)

I have to put "file" when I put add ? I put file and then select a picture.

After you add a picture the Picture will be the active document and you need to view the slideshow again to add another

I still have the message that says "Please add slides to this widget.". However, I have a children of that page (the slideshow) and I have a link in a right column called "navigation".

What I did wrong ?

Thanks for the help.

mariano

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 8:13 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am trying to put a simple slidshow. I download Pier-SlideShow and add a component PRSlideShow. But I have a message that says "Please add slides to this widget."   But I don't know how to do it. How can I add slides to this widget ?

Thanks,

Mariano

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 6:09 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> You put the two images on top of each other, and fade out the one on
>> top. This is what is done for the intro on this site
>> <http://www.spoerli.ch/> for example.
>
> it is with pier?
> csmbox?

That's Cmsbox.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: SlideShow

John McKeon

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 11:25 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 12:22 AM, John McKeon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Oops  - well I was about done anyway. Never mind the tree, re-enter the web-site (without session keys in the url) and the slides should show up.

You were right man! I have to put down pier and bring it up again and now I works like a charm :)

now, is there a way that this slides are passed automatically after X seconds instead of manually ?

It would appear that the collection of children is not being updated when a new picture is added. It only updates the collection once during a given session.

Warm regards
John

Thanks for the help.

mariano

Re: SlideShow

keith1y
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 12:22 AM, John McKeon <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Oops  - well I was about done anyway. Never mind the tree,
>     re-enter the web-site (without session keys in the url) and the
>     slides should show up.
>

> You were right man! I have to put down pier and bring it up again and
> now I works like a charm :)
>
> now, is there a way that this slides are passed automatically after X
> seconds instead of manually ?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> mariano
Hello Mariano,

last week I added a second class to the Pier-SlideShow package -
PRSlideShowCrossFade. This does what you are asking for, and adds a
looping option. However if you dont want to show the controls, you can
disable them, but you also have to hide them with css for the benefit of IE.

Keith

Re: SlideShow

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 7:37 AM, Keith Hodges <[hidden email]> wrote:
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 12:22 AM, John McKeon <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Oops  - well I was about done anyway. Never mind the tree,
>     re-enter the web-site (without session keys in the url) and the
>     slides should show up.
>

> You were right man! I have to put down pier and bring it up again and
> now I works like a charm :)
>
> now, is there a way that this slides are passed automatically after X
> seconds instead of manually ?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> mariano
Hello Mariano,

last week I added a second class to the Pier-SlideShow package -
PRSlideShowCrossFade. This does what you are asking for, and adds a
looping option. However if you dont want to show the controls, you can
disable them, but you also have to hide them with css for the benefit of IE.

EXCELLENT!!!!   It was what I needed! very very thanks.

I am happy :)

Keith