Slime at work

laurent laffont
Hi,

I'm reading Dynamic Web Development with Seaside. I'm lost on how to open Slime on a specific package in Pharo, as described here: http://book.seaside.st/book/components/slime/at-work

Regards,

Laurent

Re: Slime at work

Lukas Renggli
Indeed the screenshots and explanation is outdated. I've added your
comment to the book.

That should help you go through in the latest Pharo:

1. In the browser select an item from the package you want to check,
for example a class.

2. In the context menu of that item select 'browse package (p)' or
'refactoring scope > package' which both do the same.

3. In the new (yellow) browser that is scoped and should only show the
code of your package browser select 'refactor > code critics'.

4. In the new browser wait until the package has finished searching.
This might take a while. A progress indicator should appear after a
while in the window title.

5. After completion the bold items display problems. Select one and
click on 'browse' to open a view on the problems.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Slime at work

laurent laffont
2. In the context menu of that item select 'browse package (p)' or
'refactoring scope > package' which both do the same.

BrowserEnvironment(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #forPackage:
OR2CmdPackageEnvironment>>environment
[] in OR2CmdPackageEnvironment(OR2CmdEnvironment)>>execute

... sometimes it's hard to be a newbie ..... but thank you !

Laurent

Re: Slime at work

Stéphane Ducasse
yes the rc image contains old code.....