Slime, status?

Tobias Pape
Dear all,

to my surprise I noticed that Grease Slime for testing
code against certain rules is only enable for Pharo in
ConfigurationOfGrease and Seaside Slime is only
enabled for Pharo 1.4 in ConfigurationOfSeaside3.
  Before I jump into it and enable the Slimes for Squeak
(again?), I'd ask what the main reason is or has been to
not support them in Squeak (for both Slimes) or newer
Pharos (for Seaside Slime)?
  Maybe I'm reading the configs wrong?

Best
        -Tobias

signature.asc (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Slime, status?

Johan Brichau-2
Tobias,

Seaside-Slime is included in all versions of Pharo. It is in the #pharo section (hence: all versions).
There are issues with it in Pharo 3 though because of a bug in Pharo3 (cannot find the bug reference right now).

Why it’s not available for Squeak: I guess they don’t work, but mostly because this was the case even before I started to update the configurations.

Johan

> On 19 Jan 2015, at 22:44, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> to my surprise I noticed that Grease Slime for testing
> code against certain rules is only enable for Pharo in
> ConfigurationOfGrease and Seaside Slime is only
> enabled for Pharo 1.4 in ConfigurationOfSeaside3.
>  Before I jump into it and enable the Slimes for Squeak
> (again?), I'd ask what the main reason is or has been to
> not support them in Squeak (for both Slimes) or newer
> Pharos (for Seaside Slime)?
>  Maybe I'm reading the configs wrong?
>
> Best
> -Tobias

Re: Slime, status?

Tobias Pape
Hi Johan

On 20.01.2015, at 07:28, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Tobias,
>
> Seaside-Slime is included in all versions of Pharo. It is in the #pharo section (hence: all versions).
> There are issues with it in Pharo 3 though because of a bug in Pharo3 (cannot find the bug reference right now).
>
> Why it’s not available for Squeak: I guess they don’t work, but mostly because this was the case even before I started to update the configurations.

Thanks for the answer :)
I apparently misread the Pharo section, but good to know it is included.

I manually loaded the current Grease and Seaside Slime Packages and they load
just fine.
  Also, I tested them and they really seem to work well on a 4.5 image.

Am I free to just enable them and bump Seaside to 3.1.4 and Grease to 1.1.14?

Best
        -Tobias

> Johan
>
>> On 19 Jan 2015, at 22:44, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> to my surprise I noticed that Grease Slime for testing
>> code against certain rules is only enable for Pharo in
>> ConfigurationOfGrease and Seaside Slime is only
>> enabled for Pharo 1.4 in ConfigurationOfSeaside3.
>> Before I jump into it and enable the Slimes for Squeak
>> (again?), I'd ask what the main reason is or has been to
>> not support them in Squeak (for both Slimes) or newer
>> Pharos (for Seaside Slime)?
>> Maybe I'm reading the configs wrong?
>>
>> Best
>> -Tobias

Re: Slime, status?

Philippe Marschall
On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 9:08 AM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Johan
>

> On 20.01.2015, at 07:28, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Tobias,
>>
>> Seaside-Slime is included in all versions of Pharo. It is in the #pharo section (hence: all versions).
>> There are issues with it in Pharo 3 though because of a bug in Pharo3 (cannot find the bug reference right now).
>>
>> Why it’s not available for Squeak: I guess they don’t work, but mostly because this was the case even before I started to update the configurations.
>>

> Thanks for the answer :)
> I apparently misread the Pharo section, but good to know it is included.
>
> I manually loaded the current Grease and Seaside Slime Packages and they load
> just fine.
>   Also, I tested them and they really seem to work well on a 4.5 image.

Did you also test the OB integration?

Cheers
Philippe

Re: Slime, status?

Tobias Pape
Hi,

On 20.01.2015, at 17:14, Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 9:08 AM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Johan
>>

>> On 20.01.2015, at 07:28, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Tobias,
>>>
>>> Seaside-Slime is included in all versions of Pharo. It is in the #pharo section (hence: all versions).
>>> There are issues with it in Pharo 3 though because of a bug in Pharo3 (cannot find the bug reference right now).
>>>
>>> Why it’s not available for Squeak: I guess they don’t work, but mostly because this was the case even before I started to update the configurations.
>>>

>> Thanks for the answer :)
>> I apparently misread the Pharo section, but good to know it is included.
>>
>> I manually loaded the current Grease and Seaside Slime Packages and they load
>> just fine.
>>  Also, I tested them and they really seem to work well on a 4.5 image.
>
> Did you also test the OB integration?

No I didn't.
I use these rules via SwaLint.
I should do that, tho. However, it'll take some
time until I have a working OB image again :)

Best
        -Tobias_______________________________________________
seaside-dev mailing list

Re: Slime, status?

Tobias Pape
Hi again

On 20.01.2015, at 17:26, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 20.01.2015, at 17:14, Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 9:08 AM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi Johan

>>> Thanks for the answer :)
>>> I apparently misread the Pharo section, but good to know it is included.
>>>
>>> I manually loaded the current Grease and Seaside Slime Packages and they load
>>> just fine.
>>> Also, I tested them and they really seem to work well on a 4.5 image.
>>
>> Did you also test the OB integration?
>
> No I didn't.
> I use these rules via SwaLint.
> I should do that, tho. However, it'll take some
> time until I have a working OB image again :)

I just tested in a Squeak 4.5 image and it works well with both Slimes and OB.

Best
        -Tobias

Re: Slime, status?

Philippe Marschall
On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 12:38 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> No I didn't.
>> I use these rules via SwaLint.
>> I should do that, tho. However, it'll take some
>> time until I have a working OB image again :)
>
> I just tested in a Squeak 4.5 image and it works well with both Slimes and OB.

Very well. In that case bumping and releasing sounds good to me.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: Slime, status?

Tobias Pape

On 22.01.2015, at 11:58, Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 12:38 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> No I didn't.
>>> I use these rules via SwaLint.
>>> I should do that, tho. However, it'll take some
>>> time until I have a working OB image again :)
>>
>> I just tested in a Squeak 4.5 image and it works well with both Slimes and OB.
>
> Very well. In that case bumping and releasing sounds good to me.

(There's a gotcha in the (transitively dependend) Refactoring-Core,
 but I fix this on the Squeak side :D

Best
        -Tobias)

Re: Slime, status?

Tobias Pape

On 22.01.2015, at 11:58, Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 12:38 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> No I didn't.
>>> I use these rules via SwaLint.
>>> I should do that, tho. However, it'll take some
>>> time until I have a working OB image again :)
>>
>> I just tested in a Squeak 4.5 image and it works well with both Slimes and OB.
>
> Very well. In that case bumping and releasing sounds good to me.

While I'm at it, is there any Objection I bump to Grease-Pharo-Core-pmm.72
for Squeak? The changes all still fit*

Best
        -Tobias

* Well, except the comment change regardint GRPharoPlatform, but I can surely
seaside-dev mailing list