Smacc how to test scanner

Stephane Ducasse-3
Hi

When writing grammar I would like to test the scanner.
And I would like to this without having to define a special rule (in addition to the one of the language). Is it possible to get access to the scanner and ask it to scan the stream?

Re: Smacc how to test scanner

Thierry Goubier
Hi Stef,

I think it is possible. After compiling your parser and scanner classes, take your scanner class and create it on a stream

    stefScanner := StefScanner on: (ReadStream on: 'My test string for my parser').

Then each token will be retrieved with SmaCCScanner>>#next

    stefScanner next

Regards,

Thierry

Hi

When writing grammar I would like to test the scanner.
And I would like to this without having to define a special rule (in addition to the one of the language). Is it possible to get access to the scanner and ask it to scan the stream?

Stef