Small Package Browser suggestion

Daniel Rozzeta
Hi,
Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here but, what do you think
about having an extra tab in the right panel of the Package Browser
that allows to edit deploy properties?
This would permit modify deploy parameters in a more direct manner,
without going through the wizard.

Just my two cents.
Regards,
Daniel

Re: Small Package Browser suggestion

Chris Uppal-3
Daniel Rozzeta wrote:

> Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here but, what do you think
> about having an extra tab in the right panel of the Package Browser
> that allows to edit deploy properties?

I think that'd be great.

Oh, and the package version string and manual pre-requisites too please !

    -- chris

Re: Small Package Browser suggestion

Andy Bower-2
Daniel,

> Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here but, what do you think
> about having an extra tab in the right panel of the Package Browser
> that allows to edit deploy properties?
> This would permit modify deploy parameters in a more direct manner,
> without going through the wizard.

You can right click over the package in question in the Packages pane and
choose Properties. This brings up an inspector on the package which allows
you to drill down into the image stripper and set the deployment properties.

Best Regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
http://www.object-arts.com
---
Are you trying too hard?
http://www.object-arts.com/Relax.htm
---

Re: Small Package Browser suggestion

Daniel Rozzeta
> > Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here...

> You can right click over the package in question in the Packages pane and
> choose Properties.

Great.  I obviously missed something obvious ;o)

Thanks Andy,
Daniel

Re: Small Package Browser suggestion

Chris Uppal-3
Andy,

> You can right click over the package in question in the Packages pane
> and choose Properties. This brings up an inspector on the package
> which allows you to drill down into the image stripper and set the
> deployment properties.

True, but that's a real pain to get at "foreground" properties.

BTW, there's a bug in this area; if the imageStripper/stubClassFile is set to
the name of a file that doesn't exist, then you can't change it.  The only
workaround I've found is to create a temp file of that name, change the setting
and then remove the temp file.

    -- chris

Re: Small Package Browser suggestion

Andy Bower-2
Chris,

> BTW, there's a bug in this area; if the imageStripper/stubClassFile is set
> the name of a file that doesn't exist, then you can't change it.  The only
> workaround I've found is to create a temp file of that name, change the
setting
> and then remove the temp file.

Thanks. Recorded as issue #1297.

Best Regards,