Small example of components

oswall
Small example of components. I respectfully ask if they have a small example to seaside.
I have a form with an embedded component. The value (instance) of this embedded component, the user can select it using anchor and callback.
The callback calls a list, the user chooses the new instance and returns to the form.
In the book "Dynamic Web Development with Seaside" We have a list called a form and edit it by example and return to the list.
Regards,
Oswall

Re: Small example of components

Paul DeBruicker
Hello Oswall,

If you have Seaside tests loaded in your image and a server running on port 8080 you can go to

http://127.0.0.1:8080/tests/functional

and see an example of what I think you're describing.

In the browser the select at the top change the component under test, and the region below the horizontal line is the component under test.  The test cover most of Seaside's functionality so you can see how to implement a wide variety of use cases.  At the bottom of the browser window you can click 'Halos' to see the which components are rendered and using the halo controls see and edit the code doing the rendering.

Back in the image the components that can be under test are all subclasses of WAFunctionalTest and the control that renders and changes among the various tests is WAAllFunctionalTests.  So you can see the Seaside code in the image if you prefer.

Hope this helps

Paul

oswall wrote
Small example of components. I respectfully ask if they have a small example to seaside.I have a form with an embedded component. The value (instance) of this embedded component, the user can select it using anchor and callback.The callback calls a list, the user chooses the new instance and returns to the form.In the book "Dynamic Web Development with Seaside" We have a list called a form and edit it by example and return to the list.Regards,Oswall

Re: Small example of components

OswallVernyAC
-SOLVED-

Thank you very much Paul for your time
I solved it. Missing was the "ifTrue:" statement when returns the response "self answer: true".

Ah .. new smalltalker.
Oswall

Hello Oswall,

If you have Seaside tests loaded in your image and a server running on port
8080 you can go to

http://127.0.0.1:8080/tests/functional

and see an example of what I think you're describing.

In the browser the select at the top change the component under test, and
the region below the horizontal line is the component under test.  The test
cover most of Seaside's functionality so you can see how to implement a wide
variety of use cases.  At the bottom of the browser window you can click
'Halos' to see the which components are rendered and using the halo controls
see and edit the code doing the rendering.

Back in the image the components that can be under test are all subclasses
of WAFunctionalTest and the control that renders and changes among the
various tests is WAAllFunctionalTests.  So you can see the Seaside code in
the image if you prefer.

Hope this helps

Paul

oswall wrote
> Small example of components. I respectfully ask if they have a small
> example to seaside.I have a form with an embedded component. The value
> (instance) of this embedded component, the user can select it using anchor
> and callback.The callback calls a list, the user chooses the new instance
> and returns to the form.In the book "Dynamic Web Development with Seaside"
> We have a list called a form and edit it by example and return to the
> list.Regards,Oswall

Ing. Oswall Verny Arguedas C
Intranets Corporativas

Móviles:       8852 - 6773 y 7203 - 2531
Telèfono:     2268 - 5659