SmallLint

hernan.wilkinson
Hi,
 some years ago I ported a tool we created in VisualAge called ExpectedSmallLintFailures to Squeak (http://map.squeak.org/package/25c17dc0-bf31-4215-8ba9-bf0df8157449
 That tool allows to register expected smalllint failures to avoid getting false positives everytime you run smalllint. I tried to load it yesterday in pharo and I had some problems  because SmallLint's design has changed a lot (I like it much better the way it is now). I could loaded it finally, but it does not run.
 So, is there a way to register false positives in the "new small lint"?
 I'd like to know also if there is a way to run just the bugs or a specific rule (and not all the smalllint rules) using the code critics UI.

Thanks!
Hernan.

Re: SmallLint

Stéphane Ducasse
http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/SmallLintPharoFixing

On May 19, 2009, at 1:55 PM, Hernan Wilkinson wrote:

> Hi,
>  some years ago I ported a tool we created in VisualAge called
> ExpectedSmallLintFailures to Squeak (http://map.squeak.org/package/25c17dc0-bf31-4215-8ba9-bf0df8157449
> )
>  That tool allows to register expected smalllint failures to avoid
> getting false positives everytime you run smalllint. I tried to load
> it yesterday in pharo and I had some problems  because SmallLint's
> design has changed a lot (I like it much better the way it is now).
> I could loaded it finally, but it does not run.
>  So, is there a way to register false positives in the "new small
> lint"?
>  I'd like to know also if there is a way to run just the bugs or a
> specific rule (and not all the smalllint rules) using the code
> critics UI.
>
> Thanks!
> Hernan.

Re: SmallLint

Mariano Martinez Peck
A bit OT, but there is also another SmallLint called SwaLint. I didn't remember if it works on pharo, but perhaps you can give it a try. Here a thread about its ann:

http://www.nabble.com/-squeak-dev---ANN--SwaLint-tc17403364.html#a17403364

Best,

Mariano

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/SmallLintPharoFixing

On May 19, 2009, at 1:55 PM, Hernan Wilkinson wrote:

> Hi,
>  some years ago I ported a tool we created in VisualAge called
> ExpectedSmallLintFailures to Squeak (http://map.squeak.org/package/25c17dc0-bf31-4215-8ba9-bf0df8157449
> )
>  That tool allows to register expected smalllint failures to avoid
> getting false positives everytime you run smalllint. I tried to load
> it yesterday in pharo and I had some problems  because SmallLint's
> design has changed a lot (I like it much better the way it is now).
> I could loaded it finally, but it does not run.
>  So, is there a way to register false positives in the "new small
> lint"?
>  I'd like to know also if there is a way to run just the bugs or a
> specific rule (and not all the smalllint rules) using the code
> critics UI.
>
> Thanks!
> Hernan.

Re: SmallLint

hernan.wilkinson
cool!
I tried and it worked for the "long method" rule (as in the example), but I could not make it work for "Message sent not implemented", do you know why? Maybe I have to put the message not implemented in the pragma? how?
Also, how do you specify a false positive on a class, not on methods? (for example "Class not referenced")
And for variables? (for example "Variables not referenced")

Thanks!
Hernan.

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 10:35 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/SmallLintPharoFixing

On May 19, 2009, at 1:55 PM, Hernan Wilkinson wrote:

> Hi,
>  some years ago I ported a tool we created in VisualAge called
> ExpectedSmallLintFailures to Squeak (http://map.squeak.org/package/25c17dc0-bf31-4215-8ba9-bf0df8157449
> )
>  That tool allows to register expected smalllint failures to avoid
> getting false positives everytime you run smalllint. I tried to load
> it yesterday in pharo and I had some problems  because SmallLint's
> design has changed a lot (I like it much better the way it is now).
> I could loaded it finally, but it does not run.
>  So, is there a way to register false positives in the "new small
> lint"?
>  I'd like to know also if there is a way to run just the bugs or a
> specific rule (and not all the smalllint rules) using the code
> critics UI.
>
> Thanks!
> Hernan.

Re: SmallLint

hernan.wilkinson
yes you are right, I remember now, but I think it did not provide more than smalllint does... Also the links to its site are broken