Smalltalk Image writer?

jamesl

>>we are interested in a Smalltalk based image writer too :)

While I work through reading and writing the Smalltalk image myself (in Java) I'll be writing down what I find.

I'd be happy to try and write a Smalltalk based image writer.  Please tell me your requirements and I'll try and include them.

Rgs, James.

Re: Smalltalk Image writer?

johnmci
You should look at the

SystemTracer64 writeImage: 'squeak64.image'.

That is setup to take a 32bit image and create a 64bit image file by writing out all the bits...

On 2010-09-01, at 6:26 PM, James Ladd wrote:

>>we are interested in a Smalltalk based image writer too :)

While I work through reading and writing the Smalltalk image myself (in Java) I'll be writing down what I find.

I'd be happy to try and write a Smalltalk based image writer.  Please tell me your requirements and I'll try and include them.

Rgs, James.

John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>   Twitter:  squeaker68882
Corporate Smalltalk Consulting Ltd.  http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Smalltalk Image writer?

jamesl
Thank John, great suggestion.

> Message: 4
> Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 19:05:43 -0700
> From: John M McIntosh <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Pharo-project] Smalltalk Image writer?
> To: [hidden email]
>
> You should look at the
>
> http://www.squeaksource.com/SystemTracing
> SystemTracer64 writeImage: 'squeak64.image'.
>
> That is setup to take a 32bit image and create a 64bit image file by writing out all the bits...

Re: Smalltalk Image writer?

stupid me I forgot.

Stef