Smalltalk Industry Conference - STIC 2013 with Smalltalk Directions 2013

Smalltalk Industry Conference - STIC 2013 with Smalltalk Directions 2013

Georg Heeg

Dear ESUG Members,

First of all thank you for sponsoring STIC 2012. We have used some of the ESUG sponsorship to make our first Smalltalk directions happen. Thus we could print the proceedings and we will mail a copy to all those authors who could not make it for various reasons. And we had s student volunteer Fabian who did a great job. Overall it has been a great conference. I personally liked the keynote by Sam Adams about Big POOP most. We have recorded all presentations. And after we will be back we will make slides and videos available. Please have a look at www.stic.st.

At the end of the conference we announced Smalltalk Industry Conference 2013 which we will organize in Arizona in June 2013. You will find detailed information on www.stic.st.

In June 2013 we will also have Smalltalk Directions 2013 organized by Smalltalk Academic Advisory Board STAAC. The formal call for papers will go out soon. But you can start planning to submit your research results today. The topics will probably be along the lines of this year’s call for papers in http://www.stic.st/2011/11/smalltalk-directions-call-for-participation/. The papers will get reviewed and published and in the presentation you will get into contact with co-researchers and industrial Smalltalk users from all over the world.

Overall it has been a great conference, thanks to all the authors and the participants to come.

Georg Heeg

PS: As for many conferences before James Robertson has blogged a lot on http://www.jarober.com/blog/blogView. Thanks to James for the publicity.

STIC - Smalltalk Industry Council

Executive Director

Phone +49-3496-214328, Fax +49-3496-214712

Re: Smalltalk Industry Conference - STIC 2013 with Smalltalk Directions 2013

jarober
If you just want the posts from (or about) the conference, use this url:

The next two podcasts I'll be releasing are from the conference - Dave Buck and I had a conversation about the talks on day 2, and Bob Nemec and I spoke about the talks at the end of day 3.  As Georg said, it was a great show, and I want to thank all of the organizers for their efforts.