Smalltalk Poll

horrido
I'm crafting a Smalltalk poll for my blog. I just wanted to get some feedback. Have I overlooked anything?

image.png

Re: Smalltalk Poll

Esteban A. Maringolo
Final and correct option: All the above :-D

Esteban A. Maringolo

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 9:40 AM Richard Kenneth Eng <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm crafting a Smalltalk poll for my blog. I just wanted to get some feedback. Have I overlooked anything?

image.png

Re: Smalltalk Poll

Tim Mackinnon
Is this a poll you expect none of us to take?

Maybe
- it’s too productive and fun, real programmers should be made to suffer

Sent from my iPhone

On 29 Jan 2020, at 13:00, Esteban Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:

Final and correct option: All the above :-D

Esteban A. Maringolo

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 9:40 AM Richard Kenneth Eng <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm crafting a Smalltalk poll for my blog. I just wanted to get some feedback. Have I overlooked anything?

image.png

Re: Smalltalk Poll

tbrunz
* I get my code written & debugged so fast, I have too much time on my hands.

* "Object-oriented" scares my managers, so they won't let me program that
way.

* Anything that's had 40 years of development couldn't possibly be useful
today.

Re: Smalltalk Poll

horrido
That's right. The poll is for non-Smalltalkers. The goal is to identify the
pain points and then to respond to those points in a future blog post.

Tim Mackinnon wrote
> Is this a poll you expect none of us to take?
>
> Maybe
> - it’s too productive and fun, real programmers should be made to suffer
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 29 Jan 2020, at 13:00, Esteban Maringolo &lt;

> emaringolo@

> &gt; wrote:
>>
>> Final and correct option: All the above :-D
>>
>> Esteban A. Maringolo
>>

>>> On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 9:40 AM Richard Kenneth Eng &lt;

> horrido.hobbies@

> &gt; wrote:
>>> I'm crafting a Smalltalk poll for my blog. I just wanted to get some
>>> feedback. Have I overlooked anything?
>>>

> image.png (87K)
> &lt;http://forum.world.st/attachment/5110875/0/image.png&gt;

Re: Smalltalk Poll

Richard Sargent
Administrator
On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 9:13 AM horrido <[hidden email]> wrote:
That's right. The poll is for non-Smalltalkers. The goal is to identify the
pain points and then to respond to those points in a future blog post.

Oh. Then you shouldn't have left out the "I don't want to write less code and fewer errors" choice.

Tim Mackinnon wrote
> Is this a poll you expect none of us to take?
>
> Maybe
> - it’s too productive and fun, real programmers should be made to suffer
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 29 Jan 2020, at 13:00, Esteban Maringolo &lt;

> emaringolo@

> &gt; wrote:
>>
>> Final and correct option: All the above :-D
>>
>> Esteban A. Maringolo
>>

>>> On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 9:40 AM Richard Kenneth Eng &lt;

> horrido.hobbies@

> &gt; wrote:
>>> I'm crafting a Smalltalk poll for my blog. I just wanted to get some
>>> feedback. Have I overlooked anything?
>>>

> image.png (87K)
> &lt;http://forum.world.st/attachment/5110875/0/image.png&gt;

Re: Smalltalk Poll