Smalltalk Reflections Podcast

davidbuck
Craig Latta and I have started up a new weekly podcast called Smalltalk Reflections.  The web side is http://smalltalkreflections.blogspot.ca/ and it's available from iTunes.  We would like to ask the Pharo community if anyone would be interested in participating to promote Smalltalk or Pharo.  We'd love to be able to interview people from the Pharo community.  Also if anyone would like to take on the task of recording a weekly Pharo insert we'd love to have that as well.  If weekly is too frequent for you, we can also arrange monthly or whenever you have time.

If you're interested in participating in any way, drop me a line at david@simberon.com.

Thanks

Re: Smalltalk Reflections Podcast

stepharo
Hi david
> Craig Latta and I have started up a new weekly podcast called Smalltalk
> Reflections.  The web side is http://smalltalkreflections.blogspot.ca/ and
> it's available from iTunes.  We would like to ask the Pharo community if
> anyone would be interested in participating to promote Smalltalk or Pharo.
Yes definitively.
> We'd love to be able to interview people from the Pharo community.
Great idea.

> Also if anyone would like to take on the task of recording a weekly Pharo insert
> we'd love to have that as well.  If weekly is too frequent for you, we can
> also arrange monthly or whenever you have time.
Weekly commitment is a hug commitment.
> If you're interested in participating in any way, drop me a line at
> [hidden email].
I would be interested but I think that it would be nice to have other
voices around pharo.
I imagine that you know my blog
     http://www.pharoweekly.org

I'm trying to keep the information I find there.

Now let me know we could do once a month a short discussion around a topic.

Stef

> Thanks

Re: Smalltalk Reflections Podcast

davidbuck
We do this already with the Smalltalk Jobs Report by James T. Savidge.  Craig and I discuss some topic for half an hour and record the session.  Separately, we have James record a short 1 or 2 minute segment on Smalltalk Jobs and send the audio of just him speaking.  We then mix that into the episode at some nice breaking point with an introduction like "Now, here's James Savidge with the Smalltalk Jobs Report".  We can do that with other segments as well if people want to produce them.

Alternatively, we can bring someone into the podcast and record in a conversational style.  The small issue here is simply scheduling and time zones.  I'm in Ottawa Canada and Craig is in Amsterdam so there's already a six hour time difference.  To bring someone else into the conversation may make it harder to schedule because of time zones but we're happy to try it.

David

Re: Smalltalk Reflections Podcast

davidbuck
Thanks Stef.  One possibility is to get a few Pharo developers together to have a short round-table talking about Pharo and we'd insert that as a segment into the podcast.  We're open to all sorts of possibilities.

David

Re: Smalltalk Reflections Podcast

horrido
www.pharoweekly.org doesn't exist. DNS lookup failed.

stepharo wrote
I imagine that you know my blog
     http://www.pharoweekly.org

I'm trying to keep the information I find there.

Now let me know we could do once a month a short discussion around a topic.

Stef

> Thanks

Re: Smalltalk Reflections Podcast

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
http://pharoweekly.wordpress.com

> On 01 Jan 2015, at 00:04, horrido <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> www.pharoweekly.org doesn't exist. DNS lookup failed.
>

> stepharo wrote
>> I imagine that you know my blog
>>     http://www.pharoweekly.org
>>
>> I'm trying to keep the information I find there.
>>

>> Now let me know we could do once a month a short discussion around a
>> topic.
>>
>> Stef
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>>> --
>>> Nabble.com.

Re: Smalltalk Reflections Podcast

stepharo
Hi

I would go for short (max 15 min topics).
In europe we are nearly all in the same time zone.

Stef

Le 31/12/14 16:02, davidbuck a écrit :

> We do this already with the Smalltalk Jobs Report by James T. Savidge.  Craig
> and I discuss some topic for half an hour and record the session.
> Separately, we have James record a short 1 or 2 minute segment on Smalltalk
> Jobs and send the audio of just him speaking.  We then mix that into the
> episode at some nice breaking point with an introduction like "Now, here's
> James Savidge with the Smalltalk Jobs Report".  We can do that with other
> segments as well if people want to produce them.
>
> Alternatively, we can bring someone into the podcast and record in a
> conversational style.  The small issue here is simply scheduling and time
> zones.  I'm in Ottawa Canada and Craig is in Amsterdam so there's already a
> six hour time difference.  To bring someone else into the conversation may
> make it harder to schedule because of time zones but we're happy to try it.
>
> David

Re: Smalltalk Reflections Podcast

Marcus Denker-4

> On 31 Dec 2014, at 16:05, davidbuck <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks Stef.  One possibility is to get a few Pharo developers together to
> have a short round-table talking about Pharo and we'd insert that as a
> segment into the podcast.  We're open to all sorts of possibilities.

I am interested in helping with this, too.

        Marcus