Smalltalk Solutions 2002 - Call For Participation

Smalltalk Solutions 2002 - Call For Participation

James Robertson-3
We are pleased to announce that Smalltalk Solutions 2002 is coming!
Registration details will be forthcoming soon - a website is under
construction.

Dates:  April 22, 23, 24 (Mon-Wed) 2002
Place:  Cincinnati Ohio
Site:   Hyatt Regency, downtown

We are now calling for presentations - Smalltalk and XP topics.  If
you are interested in presenting, please visit this Wiki:

http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com:8080/StSolutions2002

and volunteer as a speaker here:

http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com:8080/StSolutions2002/Volunteer+to+Speak

or send email to -

Conference Chair
James Robertson - [hidden email]

Technical Program Chair
Ed Porter - [hidden email]

Re: Smalltalk Solutions 2002 - Call For Participation

Reinout Heeck
James Robertson wrote:

> We are now calling for presentations - Smalltalk and XP topics.  If
> you are interested in presenting, please visit this Wiki:
>
> http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com:8080/StSolutions2002

I object to this fragmentation of the StSolutions web space, there
already was a wiki for StSolutions, why another one at yet another address?

http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/SmalltalkSolutions

Reinout
-------

Reinout Heeck wrote:

> James Robertson wrote:
>  >
>
>> We are now calling for presentations - Smalltalk and XP topics.  If
>> you are interested in presenting, please visit this Wiki:
>>
>> http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com:8080/StSolutions2002
>>

> I object to this fragmentation of the StSolutions web space, there
> already was a wiki for StSolutions, why another one at yet another address?

Mostly because I had completely forgotten about that one.  On the other
hand, I have admin rights to the new one, so I can maintain it - back it
up, etc.

> http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/SmalltalkSolutions
>

> Reinout
> -------

Re: Smalltalk Solutions 2002 - Call For Participation

Long Haired David
Reinout

Do you not think a better format for your message would have been:

Thanks James for organising this. BTW, did you realise that there was
still a wiki available at http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/SmalltalkSolutions
which might be a better location for the web space??

It is easy to forget the commen niceties of life on the internet.

Regards

David

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002 12:45:01 +0100, Reinout Heeck <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>James Robertson wrote:
> >

>> We are now calling for presentations - Smalltalk and XP topics.  If
>> you are interested in presenting, please visit this Wiki:
>>
>> http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com:8080/StSolutions2002
>>

>I object to this fragmentation of the StSolutions web space, there
>already was a wiki for StSolutions, why another one at yet another address?
>
>http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/SmalltalkSolutions
>

>Reinout
>-------

GO SMALLTALK

David Pennington - [hidden email]

http://www.totallyobjects.com - THE Smalltalk resource

Totally Objects is an IBM Object Connection member

David
Totally Objects
Doing Smalltalk since 1989

Re: Smalltalk Solutions 2002 - Call For Participation

Barry Watson
David Pennington wrote:

> Reinout
>
> Do you not think a better format for your message would have been:
>
> Thanks James for organising this. BTW, did you realise that there was
> still a wiki available at http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/SmalltalkSolutions
> which might be a better location for the web space??
>
> It is easy to forget the commen niceties of life on the internet.

Maybe his English isn't that good and he didn't mean to cause offence.
Happens often with non-native speakers.

Barry

Re: Smalltalk Solutions 2002 - Call For Participation

Long Haired David
I have spent my working life dealing with banks all around the world
and am well aware of this issue. That is why I phrased my comment in
as polite a manner possible. I was taking this into account and hoping
to instruct as well as comment, if that doesn't sound too patronising
- well you know what I mean :-)

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002 14:44:43 +0100, Barry Watson
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>David Pennington wrote:
>>
>> Reinout
>>
>> Do you not think a better format for your message would have been:
>>
>> Thanks James for organising this. BTW, did you realise that there was
>> still a wiki available at http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/SmalltalkSolutions
>> which might be a better location for the web space??
>>
>> It is easy to forget the commen niceties of life on the internet.
>
>Maybe his English isn't that good and he didn't mean to cause offence.
>Happens often with non-native speakers.
>
>Barry

GO SMALLTALK

David Pennington - [hidden email]

http://www.totallyobjects.com - THE Smalltalk resource

Totally Objects is an IBM Object Connection member

David
Totally Objects
Doing Smalltalk since 1989

Re: Smalltalk Solutions 2002 - Call For Participation

Edward Porter
> Conference Chair
> James Robertson - [hidden email]
>
> Technical Program Chair
> Ed Porter - [hidden email]
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Please note an e-mail address correction for me:
[hidden email].

The posted e-mail address will not be valid after Wendesday of this week.

Ed Porter

Barry Watson wrote:

> David Pennington wrote:
>
>>Reinout
>>
>>Do you not think a better format for your message would have been:
>>
>>Thanks James for organising this. BTW, did you realise that there was
>>still a wiki available at http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/SmalltalkSolutions
>>which might be a better location for the web space??
>>
>>It is easy to forget the commen niceties of life on the internet.
>>

> Maybe his English isn't that good and he didn't mean to cause offence.
> Happens often with non-native speakers.
>
> Barry

David is right, I am non-native speaker but my English is good enough to
have worded that a lot nicer. James and I have met before, with that in
mind I was a lot more direct than a public forum warrants.

I hope it's obvious no offense was intended.

My excuses for any bad feelings induced,

Reinout
-------

Re: Smalltalk Solutions 2002 - Call For Participation

Troy Brumley-3
"Reinout Heeck" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> David is right, I am non-native speaker but my English is good enough to
> have worded that a lot nicer. James and I have met before, with that in
> mind I was a lot more direct than a public forum warrants.
>
> I hope it's obvious no offense was intended.

Offending Jim -- now that's hard to imagine :)