Smalltalk SyntaxHighlighter for Pier?

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi guys. Pier-Shout does not put colors. SyntaxHighlighter doesn't have Smalltalk. So...how can I have Smalltalk SyntaxHighlighter for Pier?

Thanks,

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Smalltalk SyntaxHighlighter for Pier?

Lukas Renggli
Right, Pier-Shout just annotates the text with CSS classes. You need
to provide the coloring yourself. For example the Seaside book uses:

    http://book.seaside.st/styles/shout.css

Lukas

www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Smalltalk SyntaxHighlighter for Pier?

Nick
Hi Mariano,

Just in case you are not aware, here is some of the ways you can use the highlighter:

Here is some smalltalk code (highlighted lines start with '==')
==WAComponent subclass: #ScrapBook
==    instanceVariableNames: ''
==    classVariableNames: ''
==    poolDictionaries: ''
==    category: 'SeasideBook-Hello'

A different style:
+value:source|class=ScrapBook +

Show the class method:
+value:source|class=NAConfiguration|classmethod=migrateToNewDispatcher+

Show an instance method:
+value:source|class=NAStructure|method=root+

Hope that helps,

Nick

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
Right, Pier-Shout just annotates the text with CSS classes. You need
to provide the coloring yourself. For example the Seaside book uses:

   http://book.seaside.st/styles/shout.css

Thanks Lukas. Sorry for the newbie question but how can I take that css and use it for my pier also?

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 1:41 PM, Nick Ager <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mariano,

Just in case you are not aware, here is some of the ways you can use the highlighter:

Here is some smalltalk code (highlighted lines start with '==')
==WAComponent subclass: #ScrapBook
==    instanceVariableNames: ''
==    classVariableNames: ''
==    poolDictionaries: ''
==    category: 'SeasideBook-Hello'

A different style:
+value:source|class=ScrapBook +

Show the class method:
+value:source|class=NAConfiguration|classmethod=migrateToNewDispatcher+

Show an instance method:
+value:source|class=NAStructure|method=root+

Awesome. I was aware only about the first one hehhehe.

On 19 November 2011 19:08, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Right, Pier-Shout just annotates the text with CSS classes. You need
>> to provide the coloring yourself. For example the Seaside book uses:
>>
>>    http://book.seaside.st/styles/shout.css
>>

> Thanks Lukas. Sorry for the newbie question but how can I take that css and
> use it for my pier also?

http://www.piercms.com/doc/faq#47520854

Lukas

>> Lukas
>>

>> On 19 November 2011 17:15, Nick Ager <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Pier-Shout comes with SPHighlightedStyle>>#codeCss - the css provides
>> > the
>> > colour highlighting.

>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> www.lukas-renggli.ch

> Mariano
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Smalltalk SyntaxHighlighter for Pier?

Nick

> Thanks Lukas. Sorry for the newbie question but how can I take that css and
> use it for my pier also?

or just add SPHighlightedStyle to the file libraries in /config used by your pier instance

Re: Smalltalk SyntaxHighlighter for Pier?

Mariano Martinez Peck
EXCELLENT :)   that worked
Thanks guys. I am slowly creating a new Pier site for DBXTalk...

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 3:33 PM, Nick Ager <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Lukas. Sorry for the newbie question but how can I take that css and
> use it for my pier also?

or just add SPHighlightedStyle to the file libraries in /config used by your pier instance

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Smalltalk SyntaxHighlighter for Pier?

Nick
Opps it seems that the syntax has changed to:

+value:source|class=WACounter|selector=renderContentOn:+