Smalltalk applications

lanas
Hello,

  Are there, out there, full-fledged Smalltalk applications we can try ?  I
mean, if I want to see a Perl application, I can find one and see how it
goes.  Same with Java, C++, Python, or for that matter, for GUI toolkits.
So, is there a repository with Smalltalk applications performing
non-programming ordinary tasks such as, I don't know, playing CDs, showing
and organizing images, e-mail client, (s)FTP utility, you know, some common
use.

Thanks.

Re: Smalltalk applications

Reinout Heeck-2
Hi,

Have a look at the 'parcels' and 'contributed' folders that came with your
installation. Also, try your luck at
http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/VisualWorks/StORE+open+repository+at+Cincom. Your
out of the box vwnc image should be set up to connect to that open
repository.

Hope this helps,
Adriaan.

http://vdg38bis.xs4all.nl

Re: Smalltalk applications

James Robertson-3
I've written a news aggregator:

http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/BottomFeeder

and a blog server:

http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/CincomSmalltalkWiki/Silt

For the latter, make sure you have a look at the installation instructions
on the site.  If you have difficulty, drop me an email

At 07:03 PM 3/20/2006, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>   Are there, out there, full-fledged Smalltalk applications we can try ?  I
>mean, if I want to see a Perl application, I can find one and see how it
>goes.  Same with Java, C++, Python, or for that matter, for GUI toolkits.
>So, is there a repository with Smalltalk applications performing
>non-programming ordinary tasks such as, I don't know, playing CDs, showing
>and organizing images, e-mail client, (s)FTP utility, you know, some common
>use.
>
>Thanks.

Re: Smalltalk applications

stéphane ducasse-2
www.squeaksource.com (a squeak sourceforge)
www.dabbledb.com

are some seaside applications (written in Smalltalk)