Smalltalk by Example, by Alec Sharp

horrido
At http://sdmeta.gforge.inria.fr/FreeBooks/ByExample/, there are 3 PDFs containing the complete text of the book:
I am very confused. Which one is the canonical version? There is no explanation anywhere about these PDFs.

Re: Smalltalk by Example, by Alec Sharp

pierreBulens

Dear Kenneth,

At first sight it seems that the last one (smalltalkbyexmissingchapter27) is more complete (table of contents included).

I did buy the paperback version on AbeBooks.com

Regards,

Pierre Bulens

I am very confused. Which one is the canonical version? There is no explanation anywhere about these PDFs.

Re: Smalltalk by Example, by Alec Sharp

Open the files and check.
Now this book is getting old.

On 23 Nov 2018, at 17:28, Richard Kenneth Eng <[hidden email]> wrote:

At http://sdmeta.gforge.inria.fr/FreeBooks/ByExample/, there are 3 PDFs containing the complete text of the book:
I am very confused. Which one is the canonical version? There is no explanation anywhere about these PDFs.

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Julie Jonas
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley,
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

Re: Smalltalk by Example, by Alec Sharp

horrido
I did. The contents offer no clue as to their relevancy.

It is impossible to conduct a meaningful "diff" on the three pdf files.

On Sat, 24 Nov 2018 at 07:18, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Open the files and check.
Now this book is getting old.

On 23 Nov 2018, at 17:28, Richard Kenneth Eng <[hidden email]> wrote:

At http://sdmeta.gforge.inria.fr/FreeBooks/ByExample/, there are 3 PDFs containing the complete text of the book:
I am very confused. Which one is the canonical version? There is no explanation anywhere about these PDFs.

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Julie Jonas
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley,
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

Re: Smalltalk by Example, by Alec Sharp

Stéphane Ducasse
if there are all the chapters than be happy and say thank to the guy that spent his free time making sure that this
book is available on online.
You see life is simple.

Stef