Smalltalk lecture Saturday 20th of August at ESUG

Smalltalk lecture Saturday 20th of August at ESUG

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi Friends please distribute that widely

I will give a free lecture

Discovering Smalltalk

Smalltalk is a pure and elegant object language. This lectures will cover the fundamental aspects of Smalltalk:
syntax, semantics, and key aspects of the system. Doing so we will also revise the real semantics of self/super.
We will show the power of polymorphism in action by simply learning from the system. Finally we will go into
more design aspect again based on the systems. As a bonus we will start the lecture with a 15 min presentation
of Seaside a powerful web framework for dynamic web application.

This lecture may be followed by a lecture on more advanced object-oriented design:
        law of demeter, encapsulation, multiple interface of classes, composition vs. inheritance

Starting time: 9h30
Closing: 16h00

Location: http://www.esug.org/wiki/pier/Conferences/2011/The-Venue-in-Edinburgh

Bio:  He is expert in object-oriented language design, dynamic languages, reflective programming, language semantics as well as reengineering, program analysis,
visualizations, software metrics. Recently he worked on traits, composable method groups, and this work got some impact. Traits have been introduced AmbiantTalk,
Pharo, Perl-6, PHP 5.4 and Squeak. They influenced Scala and Fortress SUN Microsystems.  Stephane is one of the developer of Pharo (http://www.pharo.project.org/)
an open-source language inspired by Smalltalk. He is one of the core developer of Moose, an open-source reengineering environment (http://moose.unibe.ch/).
He is  the president  of the European Smalltalk User Group and organize a yearly international  conference on Smalltalk. He wrote a couple of fun books to teach
programming and other serious topics such as dynamic web development (http://book.seaside.st).

Re: [Esug-list] Smalltalk lecture Saturday 20th of August at ESUG

HwaJong Oh
can i watch this via internet?

Best Regards
HwaJogn Oh

2011. 8. 14., 저녁 5:13, Stéphane Ducasse 작성:

> Hi Friends please distribute that widely
>

> I will give a free lecture
>

> Discovering Smalltalk
>
> Smalltalk is a pure and elegant object language. This lectures will cover the fundamental aspects of Smalltalk:
> syntax, semantics, and key aspects of the system. Doing so we will also revise the real semantics of self/super.
> We will show the power of polymorphism in action by simply learning from the system. Finally we will go into
> more design aspect again based on the systems. As a bonus we will start the lecture with a 15 min presentation
> of Seaside a powerful web framework for dynamic web application.
>
> This lecture may be followed by a lecture on more advanced object-oriented design:
> law of demeter, encapsulation, multiple interface of classes, composition vs. inheritance
>
> Starting time: 9h30
> Closing: 16h00
>
> Location: http://www.esug.org/wiki/pier/Conferences/2011/The-Venue-in-Edinburgh
>

> Bio:  He is expert in object-oriented language design, dynamic languages, reflective programming, language semantics as well as reengineering, program analysis,
> visualizations, software metrics. Recently he worked on traits, composable method groups, and this work got some impact. Traits have been introduced AmbiantTalk,
> Pharo, Perl-6, PHP 5.4 and Squeak. They influenced Scala and Fortress SUN Microsystems.  Stephane is one of the developer of Pharo (http://www.pharo.project.org/)
> an open-source language inspired by Smalltalk. He is one of the core developer of Moose, an open-source reengineering environment (http://moose.unibe.ch/).
> He is  the president  of the European Smalltalk User Group and organize a yearly international  conference on Smalltalk. He wrote a couple of fun books to teach
> programming and other serious topics such as dynamic web development (http://book.seaside.st).
>
> Stef

Re: [Esug-list] Smalltalk lecture Saturday 20th of August at ESUG

Stéphane Ducasse
I do not think so. Nothing was prepared for that, now you can get the slides (some version on my lecture web pages).

Stef